smile of carrot

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilegirl_jordan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
100_1759.jpg
:shock::shock::)

lick sip suck anyone?

that peice is WAY too huge. your ment to shred it. its not all too good for them either... poor thing...

that peice is WAY too huge. your ment to shred it. its not all too good for them either... poor thing...

according to a book ive got shredding it is no good as it gets stuck in there mouth. They need something to chew and swallow

beardie care books are almost 8 years out of date.

a wad of carrot that big and thick is too large to be shewed successfully, beans are great for fibre, and clean their teeth. this would be more sensible to encourage 'chewing'. they have a powerfull bit although i cant imagin that wad of carrot being successfully chewed into bite size and digestible peices.

they dont have a mouth, jaws nor teeth designed necessarily for chewing or nawing, rather to take bite size, and digestible peices of pray. attack, draw blood, hold and draw down an item of food.

would you feed a python a bone, so it would encourage chewing. on the opposing, a cow a whole rat, so it could practice swallowing whole items.. when it is born and designed to chew chrush grasses with large flat mollars.

its a good photo, but not too sensible IMO.

well i think it looks awsome! lol
i just picked up my 3 babies today and cant believe how much personality beardies!
what is the stringy stuff you are feeding them? bean sprout?

If that piece of carrot is too big for him to chew i wonder how those poor unfortunate wild Beardies manage to do when they lose their knife and grater.

well i think it looks awsome! lol
i just picked up my 3 babies today and cant believe how much personality beardies!
what is the stringy stuff you are feeding them? bean sprout?
alfafer(spelling) i just throw a whole heap of fruit and veg in a bowl and his picks what he wants,he loves carrot and mango:)

If that piece of carrot is too big for him to chew i wonder how those poor unfortunate wild Beardies manage to do when they lose their knife and grater.

well, how do you suppose they dig up their own carrot in the wild? their wild diet consists mainly of greens, soft vegetation such as dandelion.

as for the alfalpha, your meant to feed the leaves, not spout. try growing some in a pot from, seeds. its fairly easy. i grow my own alfalpha, endive, arugula, spaggetti squash and dandelion for my beardies.

Im pretty sure Bearded Dragons dont gets baths in the wild, yet its all the rage in captivity
well in yankee land. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back