Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raginreptile@iprimus

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I've heard people on this site aren't very favourable with colubrids. What is the reason behind this. I want to hear from people that like them as well.
Ragin

I like them. I don't have any, but I am interested in BTSs and GTSs for the future.

I'm keen on all of them. I posted a wanted colubrids add and got a pm saying they weren't well liked on here. Glad to see some one likes them.

Its the feeding thats the issue, too finiky for most keepers.

Blue phase Trees are amazing though.

There is a thread somewhere on here called "show us your colourbrids" with about 300 replies, check it out.

They are harder to get is all, most of the time clutches are spoken for well before the first head shows through an egg. If they were as easy to get as pythons they would be all over the place...

I've been keeping an eye out for a mate for my BTS (whatever sex he or she is - I'll worry about that when or if something pops up :lol:) but they are hard to come by no doubt about it. Even Green trees don’t seem to be all that common an occurrence in the “For Sale” ads. Good luck :p

pugsly, feeding isn't an issue at all. Brown Tree's feed very well, as do most GTS's and Keelbacks. The difficulty is in breeding. Some people have started having regular success with them in the last few years.

Is snakenurse on this site cause i just did a search and found nothing. Is trish snakenurse or is that another breeder.

Not my own collection.. but my own collection of photos! lol.

Attachments

• bts.jpg
    bts.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 57
  • bts2.jpg
    bts2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 54
  • gts.jpg
    gts.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 52
  • gts2.jpg
    gts2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 65
  • gts3.jpg
    gts3.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 65
Just did some searching found a bloke with a gravid female NT. Should be dropping in a week or so. Nice pics by the way. Hopefully i can post some pics of some little ones soon. Tried a few of the shops in melbourne not much luck. Any other suggestions.

Trish is snakenurse, not sure if she's on this site, yes she's got some BTS going, but no she's not selling, they're a continuing project of hers.

we have some of the katherine form of brown tree snake
great little snakes, the breeding isnt much of a prob, geting the incubation
right can be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back