Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TWENTY B

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I'm sure all the newbies do this, so i wouldn't want to break the link,

Hi my name is Adam
sydney Aus.
this is my 1st post,
i'm trying to decide what to get for my 1st snake
this won't be my last post, or my last/only snake,
it's an addiction i've been wanting to get for a long time now

after seeing the yellow darwin carpets i think i've found what i'm looking for:p

Welcome to aps :)

and by yellow Darwin carpets do you mean albino? You do realize they are quite pricey don't u :p my mistake if thats not what you meant. Anyway enjoy your stay

thanks Method, yea, i ment the albino's, they look amazing, maybe one day..

i'm looking for something a little different, something with red colours, or black and white, like the south western carpet, but there are so many i'm a little overwelmed at the moment really..

bfreeds i've shortlisted so far ar,
Julatten
bredli(a bit tocommon)
southwestern
jungle
darwin.
any sugestions would be much appreciated, pics would be even better,
currently i'm helping my mate and his mates mum look after 7 snakes after my mates mate pased away (only 23) learning very fast, it's inspired me to finaly get my own after many years of wanting one,

I love darwins :D get some! snappy but awesome. Here's my male dariwn.

Attachments

• tn_Darwin Shed 008.jpg
    tn_Darwin Shed 008.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Welcome to the site mate. I absolutely love Stimson's Pythons (Antaresia stimsoni). I think they make a brilliant first python. The albino darwins are also great but you'd be looking at $10,000 give or take a few thousand for a juvenile pair...

Welcome to APS!

A lot of people recommend Coastal Carpet Pythons but they are very common and Jungle Carpets some people say can be very snappy when young, *****rens and Stimsons are small if you only want a small snake for starters.

THANKS ALL,
yes, i'm into rotors, massive addiction to them,

licence is in progress, will have it sorted in the new year, that's when i will be ready to get my 1st snake..
and of course i want a small snake as my 1st, that's why i'm going to buy a young one, so once i have had a little more experience i won't need to get a bigger snake, i'll just let it grow up, lol

not really keen on a bittey snake, but i'm not really worried if i get nailed now and then.
i've had worse things than a little bite on the arm.

Hi Adam and welcome to the site. I see you are in sydney. Make sure you come to a herp society meeting. AHS are in the city (although venue about to change), Macarthur at Campbelltown and Hawkesbury somewhere up there. You may also be close to the South Coast group at Fairy meadow. You will get more info from them and also meet the breeders of the snakes that you are after.

Lots of people have told that "this" is snappy and "that" is quiet. Sure, Jungles may be considered snappy but I have a mate that has a very placid Jungle. Murray Darling Carpets's may be considered quiet but I own two ballistic ones that bite me every time I go near them. So remember that ANY snake, no matter what type, can be placid or can be snappy. Like dogs, they are individuals.

If you really want a placid snake then best to buy a yearling or older. That way the snake has a history (and being sold to a beginner I would expect a very good history or they wouldn't sell it to you) and its nature is also known.

As to what to buy - get the one that you like the most that fits in to your budget. Once you have made the decision talk to people at the herp society about where to get a good one.

Cheers mate
Pete

hey mate, dont dismiss bredli just because they are common.
i have found mine to be very placid and trouble free snakes, with a great feeding response.
they look great too.

Male
Clipboard03-1.jpg

female
bredli1-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back