show us your enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry it wont let me post pics 4 some reson

My enclosure

This is one of my snake enclosures I built myself. Currently unoccupied, will have a new resident approx late jan-early feb 08 ...............hopefully

Attachments

• IMG_3202.JPG
    IMG_3202.JPG
    359.6 KB · Views: 658
that is a nice enclosure sneakypete

That is nice sneakypete!

Thanks guy's, a labour of love.
Here is a smaller enclosure that I built, which has a B&G yearling Jungle in it. It is normally in better shape, but Silas has taken to hanging off the "decorative" plants up against the back wall of the enclosure. As he get's bigger the more they fall over, I don't think he realises that they're not supposed to be used for climbing on! Oh well as long as he's happy, so am I!

Attachments

• IMG_3802.jpg
    IMG_3802.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 548
hey do u think you might be able to share the design and mesurements with us please aswell as ventalation and lighting you use.

Enclosure i made for my major project for industrial tech. Jungle up the top, nothing down the bottom.
IMG_0126_1.jpg

Olive enclosure.
IMG_0065.jpg

Amyae enclosure - old pic. il take a new photo over the next couple of days.
Picture.jpg

small enclosure

Width 1000mm Height 500mm Depth 450mm (not including storage cabinet below)

Heating: 1x ExoTerra 150W Reramic Heat Emitter
1x Dalbarb Heat lamp cage

Lighting: Day 1x 60cm/24" ExoTerra Repti-Glo 2.0 UVB full spectrum Terrarium fluro 20Watts
Night Light: 1x Arcadia Marine Blue 60cm/24" Moonlight 18Watts

Ventilation: There is a vent down low on one end, and holes drilleed low down along the back to let fresh air in. Stale air escapes through the hood which sits on top of the tank (houses both day &night fluro's)

Use custom wood for all components of the enclosure, primed, undercoated and painted.
Lay sheet of contact on the floor of the enclosure to assist in cleaning

I use ZooMed Repti-bark as a flooring substrate, some people don't like it, but I love the bush look to my enclosures. It certainly isn't the cheapest way to do it, newspaper and kitty litter are favourites as well.

Enclosure i made for my major project for industrial tech. Jungle up the top, nothing down the bottom.
IMG_0126_1.jpg

Olive enclosure.
IMG_0065.jpg

Amyae enclosure - old pic. il take a new photo over the next couple of days.
Picture.jpg

Cool enclosure, I love all the branches in the top enclosure. Plenty of climbing for that lucky Jungle

sneakypete the encl. looks great were did you get the bakdrop?

sneakypete the encl. looks great were did you get the bakdrop?

I made it.
Before you ask. Glue lots of bits of thick polystyrene foam to the timber using maxbond. Then pick at, melt with a blowtorch, the foam till you get a rough rock look. Then mix up cement with boncrete to a thick glue-like consistency and cover the entire thing. It took me multiple layers to get the thick ness and coverage that I wanted, but when done it is solid as rock. Just try punching it and I guarantee you will break your knuckles!
Then I mixed up three different colours of oxides (mocha, teracotta, and blanc with bondcrete and painted it randomly to simulate rock look.The final step is to cover the entire thing (in small sections ata time) in bondcrete and sprinkle with washed sand. This gives the realistic feel of sandstone.

Type in "fake rock wall" in the search bar here on APS and you should get a fair few results which people have posted, giving their methods.

sneakypete, with the big enclosure you built, did u make the background wall yourseld or did u buy it. If u did make it could you please tell me how you built it or where you got the info from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back