Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zard

Reaction score
excuse the crappy pics, i used the phone cos it was handy at the time.

8btrcpg.jpg

87bs9l5.jpg

lol, nope just these it seems, i got the kids to take them :roll:

i initially thought brown but this had huge bulgy eyes where browns have mean beady ones *shuffle*

It is definitely a whip snake. Ignore coloration, the diagnostic feature is the comma marking around the eye.

There's really no resemblance with a tree snake. When suggesting identification, I'd personally be very hesitant to suggest a snake is a non-venomous species if I wasn't sure, based on the legalities if that person were to be bitten by my misidentification.

did u keep it

ummm no, we moved it off the property to the bush out front so my cats and dogs didnt kill it

It is definitely a whip snake. Ignore coloration, the diagnostic feature is the comma marking around the eye.

There's really no resemblance with a tree snake. When suggesting identification, I'd personally be very hesitant to suggest a snake is a non-venomous species if I wasn't sure, based on the legalities if that person were to be bitten by my misidentification.

i wasnt sold on the tree snake id, we have plenty of those here and this was different.
i will go with the whip snake.

thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back