Hypomelanistic twin Krefft turtles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks really good.
Do hypo's always have problems, can they grow normally.
Any chance of a few pics of him now ?

Here are some of 'Harley' the Hypomelanistic or T+ Eastern snake-necked turtle 8 years old.
Harley8yrsold4.jpg

Harley8yrsold3.jpg

Harley8yrs5.jpg

Harley8yrsold1.jpg

Harley8yrsold2.jpg

That is very kool craig, does this guy live in you big ponds or does he have to stay indoors

yay contgrats i might be getting a turtle for my birthday

He lives indoors as he's actually only 5.5cm shell length. (When I said 6 cm before I just rounded it up). Sometimes we put him out in the 1000litre hatchling pond outdoors during summer but bring him back in for winter.

He eats heaps and is perfectly healthy.

wow love his colour,to bad he never grew right ,thanks craig

I wouldn't exactly call it bad. I've always wanted a miniature turtle.
BTW, even some normal turtles have hormonal problems and don't grow very fast if at all. Hypo's don't always have growth problems and usually are normal except for their colour.

Expansa, Way back, like it would have been a couple of years ago, did you post this picture on the net?
(the one of Harley with his sibling) Because i remember seeing it on a Google search
He's completely wicked.
as are you're other turts

Expansa, Way back, like it would have been a couple of years ago, did you post this picture on the net?
(the one of Harley with his sibling) Because i remember seeing it on a Google search
He's completely wicked.
as are you're other turts

Yes I did and that would have definitely been a pic of Harley with one of his siblings.

Cheers,
Expansa1

Macleay's, Saw-shell's, Broad-shells, Oblongs, Southern snapping turtles, Fitzroy River turtles, Eastern snake-necks, Krefft's, Worrell's turtles, Painted turtles, Irwin's turtles and Mary River turtles. We used to have 3 Pig-nosed turtles but sold them when we started having over $1200 a quarter electricity bills which was mainly from heating their water.
That's it for turtles.

very impressed craig,a mighty fine bunch of turts there,impressive as always,oh i hate those 12 hundred bucks a quater electricity bills,keep up the excellent work mate

Awsome turts! Have you bred Harly? A lot of people would like a hypomelanistic minature turtle :)

Awsome turts! Have you bred Harly? A lot of people would like a hypomelanistic minature turtle :)

No I haven't bred from him. I agree, they'd make the perfect indoor turtle.

WOW, thats fantastic, they look amazing.
Pity on the 2 headed though mate, im sure you were gutted:(

craig, are you breeding your irwins turtles? If so are you going to sell young yet or are you still breeding up stock?

Those little hypos are beautiful.. Do you have pics of the parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back