Pit Bull Viciously Attacks Baby

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any dog can be trained to fight be it a Pit Bull or a Fox Terrier the fact that human ignorance can justify singling out just a few breads of these beautiful dogs is insane as many of you have said it is the human owner and surroundings that make these animals the way they are it sickens me that these so called humans are the ones that get away with the cruel treatment and the animal has to pay the price

What the hell.

Do you realise Pitties aren't even the most common dog to bite?
Hmmmmm well maybe because they aren't that commonly kept now are they?
If you have 100 people in one room and 5 people in another I think its safe to say that there is a greater chance of the first room containing the most smokers.....There can't be any useable data from a statement like that just like yours.

I know that im not a tough guy cause I don't own a mighty pitty:rolleyes: but I think I would rather go for a dog which won't decide to turn on me and try to rip my throat out.... The sooner they are banned the better, You can sit there and say what you will about the owners turning them into aggressive dogs but Im pretty sure like snakes that some are just born aggressive and will never change.

It must be hard not to be able to accept other peoples opinions, If your allowed to own a pitbull which isnt registered then why can i not drive without a license?

For the record, pittys and staffys pass the companionship/temperament test with higher than average pass results than golden retrievers etc, and other more commonly kept dogs.

Also IMO the little fluffys (maltese etc) are way more agressive than the bigger bull breeds, and would all be banned if they were larger sized dogs!

A dog does whatever it can to please the owner, its the owners fault not the dogs, and its people like this that follow what the media say with out research that makes things worse!

I can name more people i know who have been attacked for no reason by malteese terriers, foxys and chiauahas (sp?) than bull breeds so why isnt there focus on these aswell.

For the record, pittys and staffys pass the companionship/temperament test with higher than average pass results than golden retrievers etc, and other more commonly kept dogs.

I'm not saying this isn't the case, but I'm very surprised by it. Have you got any articles or anything on this?

Golden Retrievers are generally really gentle dogs (not saying Pit Bulls aren't) and I can't picture most of them not passing a temperament test of any kind with flying colours.

American Temperament Test Society results 2002

- Boarder Collie 78.8%
- Cocker Spaniel 81.5%
- Great Dane 76.9%
- Golden Retriever 82.5%
- Old English Sheepdog 77.8%
- Beagle 77.8%
- Bearded Collie 53.5%
- Rhodesian Ridgeback 73.8%
- Samoyed 77.8%

- American Pit Bull Terrier 83.2% (#1)
- American Staffordshire Terrier 82.6% (#2)

http://ilovemypitt.150m.com/breed_specific_legislation%20in%20canada.htm

if you google it you will find alot more

Keep in mind that temperament testing involves small animal tests and breeds with strong prey drives (hunting breeds) are far less likely to do well but as long as you are prepared for it you're fine.

read a book called "The Truth about the APBT. it will enlighten most of the people about this breed .
APBT s have been selectivly bred for hundreds of years for their fighting ability . human agression has been bred out of them in a pit bull fight their is three people in the pit with the dogs any agression shown to any of these people by the dogs during the match was instant disqualification, which normaly led to the animal being destroyed.

Myth- pitbulls are a mixture of modern breeds,

Myth-good fighting dogs are agressive toward humans

Myth- you can train any dog to fight

Myth- you can tell a dog is a pitbull by its physical traits- pitbulls were bred on ability not to a
standard some have the physique of a kelpie some more robust like the media representation.

I completely detest dog fighting ,pigging and any other dog activity that puts the animals at risk.

Its a waste of time trying to educate people whos opinion is soley driven by media hype. The same people who are against pit-bulls, will also praise breeds such as German shepherds, Rottweilers and Dobermans which were specifically bred as man-hunters. Why dont the fighting dog haters, ever have a swipe at the oldest breed of fighting dog, the Sharpei? Why do they just take aim at pittys, the only difference between a pitty and a staffy is a divergence in the line, or the Amstaff, which is only a seperate breed to to a registration problem, so the owner bred with enough conformation to establish his own breed... but I suppose, as the old saying goes, "ignorance is bliss!"

Shepherds, rotties and dobies were not bred as manhunters. They were bred to protect sheep and tradesmen. But back to the debate at hand....

any dog big or small will attack if not brough up correct i keep big dogs just logs one christmas eve rip abbi but we still have a malamute who is 55kgs and if he wanted to kill some one he could.
the number one keys is dogs should not be left with kids unsupervised
treat the dog right no matter what breed and you wont have a problem
there is nothing wrong with pit bulls at all its the owners who neglect them

i have a real soft spot for dogs, and I don't believe that any dog should ever be discriminated against (including the breed specific legislation). All dogs can and will be trained if they're given the chance to. They're like kids, you have the kids with disfunctional families, abuse occurs, little discipline etc and chances are they're going to turn out like an animal.

It's the same for dogs, if given the opportunities in life that they're entitled to, you'll have a more loyal friend in them than you will in any human. No dog will ever turn its back on its master for its own gain.

That being said, the first video was great, but ruined by the absolutely crap soundtrack. U2 are selfish and it infuriates me that people think they're wonderful humanitarians.... whatever. It's all for show, if they really cared about humanitarian rights they wouldn't be flying the world in their private jets and bono wouldn't have over a billion dollars in the bank for his own personal use. gah.

Last edited:
did anyone here the one about the two poodles killing and eating a baby? i saw on 60 mins when i was a kid i think they were trying to ban the english bull terrier [i have one and she is the sweetest thing]. i get a littlle upset when people are terified of her then the next thing they say is "but shes a pitbull" proving they have no knowledge of either breed.
i work at a pet store and my bully comes to work everyday. i am happy to say most open minded individuals are won over by her sweet nature.
DONT BAN THE BREED. CHANGE THE NAME.
as long as dog breeds have the word BULL they will be a scape goat for societys losers.

Shepherds, rotties and dobies were not bred as manhunters. They were bred to protect sheep and tradesmen. But back to the debate at hand....

Ok, for the lenght of the post I did attempt to keep the point short, but I was trying to convey the message, that in the late 1900's Rottweillers were all but extinct, yes the breed was originally a livestock orientated breed, but the very existence of the breed today revolves around the effort the Germans put into the breed as a dog of war and security, and were without a doubt bred for their agression directed towards humans combined with their loyalty to thier owner. The German Shepherd has much the same history, although more profound in numbers pre-war, both of these dogs linage that is available today is derived from, and consistantly bred for these traits in the recent history of the breeds. The doberman, as a breed is very recent, and pretty much totally security oriented breed. Fair enough "man-hunters" may have been a bit over the top.

I have to say, that I've literally had a pitbull hang off my neck. However, I still don't condemn the breed. I know for a fact exactly how the particular dog that attacked me, was abused - like getting hit over the head by a shovel etc.
(and yes, I had reported the abuse, but nothing was able to be prooved)

Oh, and Id just like to add, my dog is breed for pig-hunting - chasing whatever moves really. However, shes never hunted, (other than the odd wallaby), and I have 2 kids and have never had a problem. Her nature is unbelievable and in fact she has protected my kids on several occasions, and is a fantastic guard dog. But, than again, shes had a great upbringing and lotsa of training. Regardless of ppl think, I still firmly believe that it really is the way the dog is reared and not the 'breed' what so ever.

good vids, they killed mine as soon as the law came in.

Last edited by a moderator:
pity animals have to pay for their owners stupidity.

very well said, we dont have have a dog and the main reason is because we have young children, youngest is 3 and i dont trust any kid around dogs by themselves. I could say that i wouldnt leave my kids around the dogs by themselves but all parents know that a kid can open a door and walk outside and it only takes that one tme you accidently dont lock the door and the kid will go out and COULD get bitten.

Excellent link Nagraj. That article clearly stated that banning a particular breed would be ineffective because people who want big aggressive dogs would just choose another breed! Exactly. It also states that with the wrong training any breed can be aggressive. It is common sense really. Had to chuckle at the thought a fatality was caused by a Yorkie!? :lol: How? The mind boggles!!!!!!!:shock::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back