A little help please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjbk18

Reaction score
Hey all i just purchased my new diamond python. She is about 4-5 years old. From her last shed she has some left ova skin in many places. I dont no when she shed last as i only just got her. I have been bathing her last night and tonight to try and help remove the old scales. But still, hasnt come off. I dont no when she will shed next. im putting another water bowl near the heat source to help her shed next time is this correct? Also i think she may be under weight as she has alot excess skin. i havent been able to weigh her yet but what is a good average weight? One other thing was when she holds her head up she sways/shakes a bit like she is having trouble holding herself up. My other 2 diamonds dont do this could this be a problem. Any help will be appreciated cheers

where did you get it , it dosent sound good :shock:

my mate, she is alright im gunna worm her to see if that helps. but just needed to see if any one else could help with some of the things make sure i am doing the right things. cheers

put her in a tepid damp pillow case and leave it for an hour or so. is she eating?.
got any pics of this creature?.
cheers:)

i offered her but with the new enclousre i think she is still a little neverous. She is very placid and dosent look like it will bite. thatnks inthegrass i will try that

The shedding you can fix and you can allways feed her up but the holding the head up swaying and shaking that id be worried about neuroligcal problems or simalar.

sounds like your doing the right thing for the old shed, i use warm water with a tiny bit of soap (not everyone uses the soap) and make sure its deep enough to be totally submerged and leave the snake in there for 30 mins (make sure the waters not gonna go real cold)

I would make sure you are doin some very good quarantine on that animal away from your oher ones and washing hands and possibly changing clothes before you go near your other pythons as that does not sound good. i hope all is ok but i would be worried

thanks ricko. Well i always wash my hands i cant see any disease's with it. Well not really any signs of disease. I think im gunna get that vitiatm stuff aswell just to make sure its getting everything it needs. Gunna try another feed tomoz. If things dont pick up might get a vet to check out. Anyone now of a vet which looks at snakes in the mid north coast forster area?

Hey i found this product has anyone used it? Or would think it would help cheers. Tried soaking again didnt come off

Try soaking him in warm water and sorbolene cream.
The shaking and muscle strenght is a worry,ive seen this happen when diamonds
have been kept too hot,they like it cooler.
The old diamond sindrome.

hey brettix i hope not. i dont think its been kept to hot at all. As far as i no it didnt have any heat during the last couple of months. Its more swaying then shaking but it still can hold itself fine but its not like it looks like its struggling

I had a diamond years ago that did this and and also swayed and stargazed,and also had fits.
Every diamond ive kept since has been kept cooler and had no probs.
But may well be somthing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back