Intruder in the yard

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She ended up borrowing a dog (ridgeback, ex pig dog) but when her husband went away again she heard the man in her yard again she looked out the window to see him patting the dog, he stayed there long enough that she called her brother in law who came and chased him away.

generally a dog is loyal to its owner/home and protects them fiercely. no matter how small or big. (some more than others)... but dog that you borrow isnt really gonna be too worried what happens in a yard that isnt his, everything is strange. people. place. what is he gonna protect?
better off getting your own dog... :) and it doesnt necessarily have to be a big dog.

my family has a border collie that i used to tease that he was ghey... like pretty boy ghey... he is so gorgeous!! anyway he was totally not agressive, even t the point he wasnt interested in what humans did other than patting him. except when we werent home and people came to our house. we kept hearing reports on our 'vicious dog'.. and we were like "huh?,.. i think your mistaken..." Until one day my sister was downstairs and he didnt realise and some big maori dude was delivering a big heavy item to our place and was hiding on it scared of our sweet ghey dog ready to rip strips off him! :lol: my sister couldnt believe it!

but glad u sorted that bastardo out anyway.

i have seen some big scary dogs in my time. . but something about a chow chow that really struck me as a dog u dont wanna mess with. i guess the shaolin monks would pick a good guard dog. might be able to teach it kung fu too! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah the problem was she was just too nice a dog, was the same at the owners place (our brother) just not a barking guard dog.

Steal me link why don't you!

On the bright side that place is great, my dog was trained there.

Recently, we had 4 kids try to break into my house through a room which holds my dirt bikes and reptiles and strait away the dog was there going off his nut, 5 mins later my brother, dad, myself and a few mates where out with the dog looking for them. He was eager to be out there looking out for us. He may be a fairly small dog compared to something like a mastiff or a rottie, but he does just as good of a job when it comes to looking after the family... I know my family is just as safe with him here, as we would be with a big dog.

i have lived my whole life with pet dogs ranging from chihuahua's, labradors, dobermans, terriers, cattle dogs etc and none were as reliable, disciplined or sensible as our german shepherd. he was a brilliant family pet and no crook in their right (or wrong) mind would dare mess with him.

My neighbour has a Doberman and his place is fully fenced in and our property runs beside this fence for about 150-200 meters and Joe the Doberman loves racing vehicles up and down and we've raced him up to about 40-45 kmh.
That gives you a bit of an idea of how fast Dobermans can run, there is no way you could outrun him.

Have kept a few Shepherds over the years. Been unlucky with them. As an allrounder they're hard to beat.:)

i have lived my whole life with pet dogs ranging from chihuahua's, labradors, dobermans, terriers, cattle dogs etc and none were as reliable, disciplined or sensible as our german shepherd. he was a brilliant family pet and no crook in their right (or wrong) mind would dare mess with him.

On a Serious note. Many years ago in Sydney. A friend of our family was married to a copper. When he was on night duty she would stay at her parents place.
Well they found him dead in his own back yard, bashed and shot with his own revolver.
Apparently he would drive around on patrol and would check on his own place. He must of found someone in his yard who got the better of him.
Report it to the Police it can get serious
Paul

Mertle you will love the country we never lock our doors and leave cars unlocked , sleep with windows wide open . I live here for 5 years and never had a problem touch wood , It's great!!! WOw was there lights on in the house lucky you were up that's scarey .

You might not want to let that info out publicly.

look out look out where ever you are.

was he wearing a breathing mask, and holding a full role of glad rap?
Might have been bad boy bubby.:lol::lol::lol:

We had Dobermans when I was younger. My mu came home from work one day and the dogs didnt hit the back door with their paws as usual, so she decided to go out and see. There was a man there that the dogs had bailed up from 6.30 in the morning after he jumped the fence. They didnt touch him, but kept him against the fence all day. It was like 8pm. The poor fella will never jump another fence again I bet :)

I used to deliver catalogues and their used to be alot of dogs in yards but nothing is scarier than a big German Shephard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back