Bledli - Glazed/Grey eyes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

monty-python

Reaction score
Just lookin at my python and his eyes have a slight grey glazeover them...is this anything to do with about to start shedding?? or is it something serious?

When they are about to shed an oily substance builds up under their skin. Since they have a clear scale (spectacle) over the eyes, this substance can be seen as a milky, light blueish/grey colour covering the eyes.

pythons will get blue /grey eyes for a day or so and then they go clear the day befor they shed. pretty normal.

I've also been told that while their eyes are glazed like this that you shouldn't handle them as they can become frightened easily not sure if thats helpful or if its information you already know but thought I'd pass it on!

I never handle my pythons coming up to a shed, your spot on Dabool all of mine do exactly that, always thought that was pretty weird but I spose it gives you a pretty good indication when its gunna happen. Would love to know why this happens.

its the fluid loosening the scales for a shed. They are pretty much blind when like that so try not to handle.

Mine usually shed about 1 week after I see their eyes milky :)

thanks guys, are they settled after they shed or do they become aggrivated for a short while at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back