Leg Less Lizards

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjbk18

Reaction score
Hey all does anyone have any leg less lizards forsale or know where i could get one or a pair? cheers any help would be appreciated.

those burtons on urs have been sold out for years. keep looking dude and ask all the pet shops to order u in some. i gonna try and get some more,if i can get a few ill post up and take a few orders

i found a scaley foot legless lizard the other night herping about 600mm long
beautiful creature
it squeaked when i picked it up lol
they would be great to keep,i got a freind to take a couple of pics be fore releasing it
ill download them of his camera

anyone keep pygopus??

Last edited:
I think the biggest problem keeping them in captivity is they only eat spiders. has any one out there kept them and had them eat anyting else?

Spiders?

Skinks is the main diet I think you will find...

There were 25 Legless lizards held on licence in NSW in 2005 and during that year 11 were disposed of. These may have been the ones that URS were offering. There were 16 Burtons, 6 Common Scaly Foots and 3 Western Scaly Foots (or is that Scaly Feet?????). None were acquired or bred during the year so maybe captive breeding is very difficult.

To those that are offering them for sale (or had them for sale) have you had them eating anything other than skinks????

Pygopus and Delma will readily take insects (eg. roaches). Burtons are the tricky ones.

some people can wean them onto pinkies. or just forcefeed them on mice tails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back