lake alexander tiger snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elapid@

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just thought i would post a picture of my new lake alexander tiger, If any one has one of theres and would like to share that would be great. The picture is not that great as i had to print then scan as there is something wrong with my settings.
cheers steve. View attachment 39975

Last edited:
G'day Steve,

It's a pretty little one. I think you'll find it's actually a Lake Alexandrina :)

I went to an island their once, it was about 200 acres. The owners had sold us it was covered in Tiger Snakes, we didn't believe them until we found 9 within a few hours.

Yes, Lake Alexandrina :)

It's a shame we live so far apart Steve, she's pretty, and my boy would probably like some female action :) :) :)

He's just about to shed, so i'll post some more pics when he does.

Last edited:
Yeah i was wondering that, the person i bought it of wrote it down as lake alexandar, are they different species, or there is no such thing as lake alexandar? its only a year old. about 400mm.
cheers steve.

Lake Alexandrina is just a locality. It's the mouth of the Murray River, about an hour south east of Adelaide. The Tigers there are generally smaller, and the wild ones typically have a very high parasite burden and are covered in scars. They are also a much more flighty snake in general, compared to Mt Gambier animals.

Very nice jozz , yeah i would love to see the pics when it sheds. yours almost look pure black. Awsome
cheers steve.

Hey Jonno, I heard that they are generally a smaller tiger. I saw one a couple of weeks ago, and the owner didn't know where it was from. It looked exactly like mine, except it was huge - about the biggest tiger i've seen, and very flighty. Do you know of anywhere else it could be from? I know tigers vary alot, but maybe you know of somewhere else they look similar?

Love to see some beter photos of yours :)

Hey elapid@, would love to see more pics - looks like an awesome tiger. Ive never really appreciated tigers, but have been seeing heaps of pics lately and I love the variations.
And Joz, can't wait to see your boy aftershed.
Cheers Dee.

Thanks for that jonno that has made my day. Yeah it definatly is very flighty, nervous snake.
cheers steve

another pic

sorry the pics arnt so great, i have to print then scan as the computer setting are all out of wack.
This one is having a swim.;)View attachment 39988

Last edited:
lake alexandrina

:Ddose this look like the place jonno?
If im ever down there ill make sure i give it a look.
looks like a great place.View attachment 39989

Last edited:
That does look like it. I used to live right near there. Unfortunately due to the drought, and lack of flow, the salt is becoming a problem (especially for the irrigators that use the water for their crops). There is talk of putting in a wier at Wellington (the last ferry on the Murray River), and letting the sea water come into the lake, making it brackish.

They do seem to love the water hey :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back