Our Website is UP!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The website looks great, well done 8)

Does the EPA allow private breeders in QLD to advertise animals for sale on their own personal websites?

Oh ok cool. I wasn't sure. I'm working on a personal webpage and didn't know if I could list my hatchlings for sale or not.

The website is great, very easy to use. But you say you dont freight at the moment, yet you dont mention where you are. And on a more personalised note, there are no first names mentioned as to who the owners are.

The website looks great, well done 8)

Does the EPA allow private breeders in QLD to advertise animals for sale on their own personal websites?

no thay dont allow it in QLD , it wont be long before EPA starts handing out $3000 fines , it only takes one person to report it to the EPA ....luckly these people arnt selling any reps yet. do be carefull...

Yeah I thought there was some rule about only being allowed to advertise on Herp societies classifieds etc. and not private websites. I wasn't sure if that rule applied in QLD as well, or only other states.

It's a very fine line as I understand it, you are allowed to have a site displaying your animals and what you hope to breed and you can show any excess animals you have available. You can't show prices and you definitely can't push yourself as a business. Like I say it is a fine line.

So you can have an "Available Stock" page as long as there are no prices listed?

This is interesting. I never knew such laws were in place in QLD. I knew that it was the case in NSW though.

Is this fine line more about being viewed as a commercial entity, however? I understand there's laws in place regarding commercial activity, but I didn't know of any laws in QLD regarding advertising.

I don't think there are specific rules regarding advertising as such but the rules governing commercial activity cover a wide range of things.

Does it all basically boil down to what the ATO would consider 'commercial' or a 'business' as opposed to a hobby? I tried reading that section of their website once, boy did I have a headache afterwards. I think I ended up even more confused.

It's not really a tax office issue, you aren't legally allowed to breed and sell reptiles on a commercial basis.

re Our

So you can have an "Available Stock" page as long as there are no prices listed?

PMSL Miss B,the poor buggers aint got nothing for sale anyway,let them pretend they are playing shops,they aint hurting anyone they are firing blanks at the moment,go watch "Law and Order on TV" or feed some lizards or something :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back