New Herp room - All new Enclosures Too.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moose

Reaction score
Well its time for me to upgrade everything.

I bought a new house and i am sick of my current set up pretty much.

So i decided to Splurge a little and invest in some decent Enclosures, and Develop the Herp room into Something Practical. (Its actually a Self Contained Flat Under my House)

So heres a few pics and i will post some more as i progress.

Attachments

• DSCF1827.jpg
    DSCF1827.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 263
  • DSCF1844.jpg
    DSCF1844.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 326
Thanks Leigh,

I will Be doing some more to he enclosures this weekend. only another 8 banks to finish now!

Wow moose! That is looking good.
If you can, do a how-to on making those enclosures :) I know they may be simple but my brain doesnt work lol.

Is that going to be 2, or 4 enclosures?

that looks awsome so far did u weld that together?

Given there's a welder parked right next to it and it's steel, i'd say yes :)

Jozz it will be 4 Enclosures, They are 1m Wide and 500mm High and 500mm Deep.

I am Building 9 of these units in total , (2m wide 1 mtre high) and there will be different combinations of enclosures. This one is for the Wifes Central Beardy's and the next one will be for yearling Pythons.

The Measurements have all been taken to suit the room in which they are going into.

Yes all the steel Frame was welded. I wanted Strength in the design as they will be stacked - 2 banks of enclosures high.

Incidentally, Does anybody know of somewhere On-line to buy Cheap Fluro Light Fittings in Bulk? And also Screw type Light Fittings, Not standard Bayonet ones.

Theres actually a small warehouse of gear that i need, but one step at a time i guess.

Here is a Rudimentary Drawing of the Enclosure Combinations i will be building.

The Extra 1 is a Jungle Python Enclosure bank - Standing upright 1.5 m wide by 2m high

Attachments

• Herp room Cages.JPG
    Herp room Cages.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 72
Incidentally, Does anybody know of somewhere On-line to buy Cheap Fluro Light Fittings in Bulk? And also Screw type Light Fittings, Not standard Bayonet ones.

Theres actually a small warehouse of gear that i need, but one step at a time i guess.

i replaced all my mums light fittings in her house , brought a bulk lot off ebay , not sure of name , but it was an ebay type store , worked out very cheap too ........

go to an electrical wholesaler they have everything you need:) its where the electricians buy everything

yea, electrical wholesaler..
i buy all my crap from TLE.
J R Turks can be a bit of a rip off, even for us sparkies

Ok i have taken a couple more pics of the Enclosures.

First one is a Bearded enclosure
2nd one is a Yearling Python Enclosure.

Attachments

• DSCF1848.jpg
    DSCF1848.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCF1849.jpg
    DSCF1849.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 121
Looks great well done Moose

New pics of the first 2 banks.

Thanks heaps Guys for the comments.

Here are some more pics to keep everyone updated.

As you Can see from the pics, They have been stained Internally but not the Outside.
The reason for this is that as each bank will be stacked on top of each other , it would be pointless, you wont see the ends or the tops of the banks.

But for aesthetic purposes the front will have a Timber surround Covering the steel frame and Window tracks, stained in the same colour.

Attachments

• DSCF1857.jpg
    DSCF1857.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCF1859.jpg
    DSCF1859.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 165
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back