New Herp room - All new Enclosures Too.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Twentyb - sounds like you need to move - lol.

Python Princess87 - Sounds like you need to buy your B/F a welder just because you love him! haha

lol, it's already been planed..
buy me a welder and mig and a tig and i'll be your boyfriend... (just don't tell my g/f) hehe

haha - Thanks but UMM no THANKS twenty b.. lol

P.s. you only need a mig to do what ive done, an arc would even do it....

Moose, congratz on making a good effort of it all so far.
When I move out I'll be doing exactly the same thing, so I'm watching with alot of interest.

Just a few questions:

Did you consider using painted mdf instead of ply?
Does the stained ply seal well? I really love the look of it, but is it gonna wash up after 2y use?
How do you plan on hiding the wiring?

Cheers mate..
I know what it's like, I spent 6 hrs in the garage today myself for the love of pythons..
Good luck with the rest..

Hi Jflanagan,

Mdf swells as the mere sight of water - I used Marine ply.
The stained Ply does seal so long as every inch is stained correctly. (Ive used the same sealer in other enclosures.)
The Wiring Will be Hidden In the Back Wall. A more detailed explanation is on it's way when the new lights arrive.

All the best
Moose

New Pics added.

Well I have almost finished the First Bank Of Enclosures.

Heres a few more pics.
Waiting on more glass and some light Fittings to arrive.
Only another 8 Banks to go Now... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSCF1862.jpg
    DSCF1862.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 170
  • DSCF1863.jpg
    DSCF1863.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 143
well its a bit late now, but a hint for beardies in relation to making uv cheaper. make the enclosures say 3+ feet deep, and 3 or so feet wide, then you can stretch a 4 ft between two enclosures, coverign most of the length, respectfully.

or with blueys, 3+ft deep, and 2 foot wide, you coudl stretch it over say three. ;)

Kirby, I did think of that , However i want to be able to Control every single Enclosure Individually.

And There will be both Eastern and Central Beardys in this Bank.

My Shingles and Blueys are kept outdoors, I find it a little easier this way.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Another Pic.

Until The glass and Lights arrive i cant do anything to the enclosures.. :evil:

Attachments

• DSCF1868.jpg
    DSCF1868.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 267
deleted this i double posted some how? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
very cool moose.you must have been workign non stop on those enclosures since i saw them on saturday. :D
hahah this is gary on my partners accoutn by the way. i didn't even realise shed' signed me out

Hey Scorps, i know a few people that keep their beardy's on Sawdust and havent had any probs.

Hey Gary, Nah i just got stuck into them, no point in mucking about... what you think?

How the Shingles Going?

hey yeah they look reall good, haha i might have to learn how to weld. :) and the shingles are very cool and doign very well and zare jsut as lazy as i thought they'd be. still working on the outside pit though. but yeah your cages are looking good cant wait till you ahve the whole room set up keep us updated with pics.cheersGary
Hey Scorps, i know a few people that keep their beardy's on Sawdust and havent had any probs.

Hey Gary, Nah i just got stuck into them, no point in mucking about... what you think?

How the Shingles Going?

Hey Gary,

Will do for sure, all pics will posted on this thread, theres a few interested people on here.

Is there anyone wanting a step - by - step - guide to building enclosures in this fashion?
If there is i will take the time to do some drawings and take some decent pics.

Moose

Hey Gary,

Will do for sure, all pics will posted on this thread, theres a few interested people on here.

Is there anyone wanting a step - by - step - guide to building enclosures in this fashion?
If there is i will take the time to do some drawings and take some decent pics.

Moose

i would :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back