Resident Sand Goanna!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clairebear

Reaction score
Hey all!

I went to the bins at the front of my complex today, and on the way, i saw a tail! Being curious i ducked down to see a Sand Monitor! (well i didn't know what it was at first, so i had to send pics to Tan to tell me!). It was so cute! So i ran back and got my camera to take some photos!

Talked to some people a little later who said it's always around. Has a favourite tree and everything. It let them pat it the other day apparently! So i told them my unit (there's 72 in our complex) and asked them to come get me if they see exciting stuff like that :lol:. Haha the groundskeeper introduced me as 'Miss Steve Irwin' lol he just couldn't remember my name hahaha good cover though :p

Attachments

• 100_1530.jpg
    100_1530.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 100_1533.jpg
    100_1533.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 100_1532.jpg
    100_1532.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 107
I hear they taste like chicken....

Good Herping Claire!!!

Is it a water monitor at the moment? It will go back to being a sand monitor soon I guess! :p

Haha you weren't meant to tell them all i ate it! Geez... that was in confidence! Hey... a girls gotta eat somehow!!!! hahahaha :D

(i'm joking... cause i know someone's gonna think i'm not.. LOL!)

great looking sand goanna wish i had some herps in my backyard althoug i do live in the inner west of sydney with a courtyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back