Nicolas Cage forced to give up snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supertaipan

Reaction score
Nicolas Cage was forced to give his venomous pet snakes to the zoo because his neighbours were terrified of them.

The 'National Treasure' star kept two cobras at his Hollywood home, but when his neighbours found out they threatened to sue him unless he got rid of them.

Cage, 44, said: "I had to get rid of my pet cobras because my neighbours threatened to sue me. The cobras were called Moby and Sheba and I kept them in my house in Hollywood for about three years. I had to keep the antidote to their poison as well because if one of those guys bit you then you had 15 minutes before the curtains closed. I loved them. I'd watch them for hours.

"I happened to mention them on 'The Late Show With David Letterman' and then it became a big neighbourhood problem. They threatened to sue me unless I got rid of them. I could see their point. I resolved the issue by giving the snakes to a zoo."

The 'Gone In 60 Seconds' actor collects all kinds of oddities including an octopus, dead bats and a piece of the planet Mars.

He revealed: "I paid £25,000 for part of a meteorite. It landed in Nigeria in 1962 and has been authenticated by NASA as a rock from Mars. It's three million years old and fascinates me.

"I like to collect things: an octopus, the snakes, dead bats, human skulls. I study and involve myself completely in something totally different. It is part of what I do as an actor so it's not unusual that I do this in my private life."

Macquarie National News

I didn't think owners were allowed to keep antivenom because only docters were autherised to medicate people. Did that make sense? I've had too much caffeine and nothing is making much sense right now...

Two cobras, that would be so awesome... Giving them up, not so awesome...

never such a thing as too much caffeine.
and i've never really liked Nicholas Cage, until now. this makes him interesting, as opposed to bland and repetitive.

Yeah im not sure on the American laws, But yeah it seems a bit weird, 15 mins before curtains seems a bit rich as well, Even our Vens would give you a bit longer than that!

I wonder what 'poison' the 'antidote' he had was for...

He didn't sound like he knew what he was talking about. You'd think that if he had two venomous snakes, then he would've had a course/s in handling/keeping them, and therefore would know that it's venom and antivenom.

He didn't sound like he knew what he was talking about. You'd think that if he had two venomous snakes, then he would've had a course/s in handling/keeping them, and therefore would know that it's venom and antivenom.

Remember, they are americans (they like to use their own words) and it's quite possible that the reporter changed the words to allow for the limited vocabulary (and general unwillingness to learn anything new) of said nation.

not bashing Americans, just their arrogance <sp> :p

That sux, it seems it's starting to become like a habit with the laws on easilly sueing ppl, ( You farted in my direction and i dont like the smell so i'm gonne sue you ). Thats very stupid that he had to give them up, if the neighbours are afraid then dont go in the house.

That sux, it seems it's starting to become like a habit with the laws on easilly sueing ppl, ( You farted in my direction and i dont like the smell so i'm gonne sue you ). Thats very stupid that he had to give them up, if the neighbours are afraid then dont go in the house.

Agreed. people just love to complain about everything these days. my theory is that most people think the universe itself revolves around them, and therefore anything done that isn't being done to their benefit is wrong. if that makes any sense

i dont like this thread and everyone posting in this thread will be recieveing a letter from my lawyer in the near future!

i woulda just thrown the cobras over the fence into the next door neighbours place.
i think hes taken love thy neighbour a bit to far, its ok to respectt them just not give up snakes for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back