Enclosure Help!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

callith

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have just recently built some enclosures for my snakes. i was just wondering what thickness of glass people recommend for them....they are approx....900w 1000h 60d, i was going to put the sliding glass doors and was also wondering if anyone knew of any places that sell the track for a good price on the northside of Brisbane....

Cheers

yeah i've looked at bunnings but i need more of the thicker track than the thinner one and they only sell it in pair and it would cost a fourtune as i need about 6m of the thicker stuff...

and the northside rocks....lol

I am going to put track on the sides as well as the top and bottom do that when i close the doors, they don't move around as much as and its not supper huge on 900w 1000h and 600d and going to put a jungle in there and built another one for when i find her a boy.

you would have to be looking at 6mm saftey glass for doors that size and if its under 600mm ( i think may be 1m) of the ground by law it has to be safty glass so ive been told
id be going to see a glass place for the track. Can you not think of anything else to use for the sides like maybe some plastic 90 or something with a grove as it will only need to seal 1 pain of glass per side anyhow.

Whats plastic 90 and don't really have anything that i can use to rout out a grove

use a power saw with a guide set the depth that suits your likins and where you want the blade to digg into or buy a cheap router from bunnings or mitre 10 maybe homehardwear

i've only ever used the plastic track from bunnings to suit 5mm think glass. The plastic track is 1200mm long and had both top and bottom pieces, costs around $19. Works fine for me

I was also wondering what sort of heat light etc i would need for an enclosure that size?

well more to the point what kinda heating and thermostats etc

I was also wondering what sort of heat light etc i would need for an enclosure that size?
Personally i would have a perch for a basking site with a 15w heat cord under a tile on the base with a 40w heat globe set at enough distance so you have a hot spot around 37*-39* or being a larger enclosure you would probably go a 60w globe and lower the height a little so all the action isnt too high in the cage..

oh and i wouldnt have a thermostat... thats why you use a lower wattage... then in summer turn of the globe and you will still have the heat from the mat and the ambient temo.. however if you had a week of hot days and the temp was getting higher in the house i would turn off the mat as well till it cooled down a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back