Blueys not eating! Freaking out!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear about the snails! I wouldn't worry too much about the size of them, just as long as they're eating something.

Try a non-fish catfood with gravy, they love that for some reason. Also, I'd recommend mashed banana. It's usually gone pretty quick.

Good luck! :)

I read in a recent post re newborn skinks that you need to cut snails into small pieces with scissors (retch...)

Also, I read recently that bananas aren't good too often... Don't know from personal experience, but have read it a couple of places.

Good luck!

Bananas have a poor calcium to phosphorus ratio. If using banana i recommend adding calcium each time.

mine would go crazy over snails, like a pimply kid in a Maccas restaurant, could help themselves lol

with the beardie pellet food, i'm assuming it needs to be soaked before giving it to the blueys right? with cat food, can i soak the dry stuff till it gets mushy, or should i be feeding the 'wet'/canned cat food?

I know when I got my baby easterns, they didn't eat for 1-2 weeks. Once they got used to their enclosure, hides and where the basking spot was, they were much less fussy. The first thing which encouraged them to eat was crickets. I think the movement stimulated them.
They are still a little bit more fussy than my stumpies, as they do prefer to bask first.

Kim

Do yourself, and your blueys, a favour and get some of the pellets i mentioned from the Herp Shop. It is a completely balanced diet designed for lizards rather than for cats or dogs! :p

Have you tried to feed them a bone.....................:shock:

G'day all, i have a large bluey adult that happily lives under the house and comes out of a morning to bask in the sun, then he procceds to look for food around the dog kennels as i think there must not be many snails left. Question is where could i source/buy snails from to replenish in the garden to save him from being hassled by the dogs?? he often takes small bits of fresh meat or chicken when left out for him and other days not interested at all !!

Nah of course not, but we do play fetch whenever possible, they're such good little retrievers, bring it straight back to me everytime they do!

G'day all, i have a large bluey adult that happily lives under the house and comes out of a morning to bask in the sun, then he procceds to look for food around the dog kennels as i think there must not be many snails left. Question is where could i source/buy snails from to replenish in the garden to save him from being hassled by the dogs?? he often takes small bits of fresh meat or chicken when left out for him and other days not interested at all !!

My thread grr,

My thread grr,

In that case answer the questions people have asked whilst trying to help you. Have you sorted the heating situation out yet? If not anything else is pointless so others may as well hijack unless you are going to keep it on topic yourself.

In that case answer the questions people have asked whilst trying to help you. Have you sorted the heating situation out yet? If not anything else is pointless so others may as well hijack unless you are going to keep it on topic yourself.

Wow, it is called a joke, part of life, get used to them. There are no more questions that need to be answered. Don't take every thing so seriously. Relax.:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back