If you like blood!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakePower

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just got taged by one of my adult breeder males. First decent tag in just over 2 years!! That is a tag by an adult roughly 6 foot snake!! :shock:

The inconsiderant little $%@&% &, I was just trying to remove a rodent that I fed last night that he decided to leave. I was even using long tongs, but he just lanched out at me. Held on so well as I yanked my hand away it brought him out with my hand and he ended up on the floor on the other side of the room! lol. :D

Anyway, here's a couple of pics...
Blood1.jpg

Blood2.jpg

And the culprit...
CapeYorkJungleBreeder.jpg

ouch can;t wait untill my first tag

Doesn't hurt too much, although it is definitley sore! I get bitten by young'ns a bit, but I barely feel them these days. I often think Haha, they striked at me lol, but then I look at see there is a bit of blood and realise they actually got me.

Yeah longer tongs would be good, but I have the longest ones I have ever found. I just think he didn't want me to take his meal away! lol.

Anyway, A good tag every now and then keeps you on your toes. Bit of blood never hurt anyone!!

They all seem to get you in that exact same spot, don't they? Awesome pic though SP.

That's were my 7 foot Diamond caught me a few months back. She also left some teeth in me,
and it was only after today, that my doc told me after looking at some of my ultrasounds, to
leave them in :shock: Apparently were the teeth are located (near tendons and nerves), it could
actually do more damage by removing them, then it would if left in. Oh well, at least I get to
keep the memory...lol.

I hope the 'inconsiderant little $%@&%' is okay though SP?

blackghost

I get tagged fairly often, but mine aren't big fully grown adults. Not really looking forward to the day! Even the SA Woma (the "bitch") that is about a metre and half now and has a go at me regularly is starting to hurt. She has left teeth in.

Hi snakepower,

What sort of snake is that?

Cheers,

sienna:D:D

Last edited:
Ryan, I will try to repeat for you, but need a few days first so I can use my already bitten hand! lol. It's throbing and bruised up already! On the inside palm, he has torn about 5 teeth through that fleshy area from the momentum of me retracting my hand!!
Blackgoast, yeah he is fine. He had a nice soft landing on the carpet.
Fester, you definitely get used to the tags, small ones don't hurt as you know, but the bigger they are the more it hurts. Once they get big, as long as they let you go, it's not to bad.
Sienna, He is a Cape Jungle.

Zac.

hahaha you got owned.. i almost got taged today by my 5 ft male diamond Monty.. i have actually improved my reflexes by like 100% lol.. too quick for him lol (i know ill regret saying that soon)..

Nice tag lol
I havn't got my Stimmie yet as this will be my first snake ......omg I keep seeing these pics of tags with a good bit of blood hahaha geezzzzzzzzzz what am I doing !!!!! lol

Yep! Nice receipt there SP!
My 7 1/2 ft MDP tagged me once - I was explaining why we don't handle our snakes straight after they've been fed... these people just didn't get it! Well, when he latched on, started "chewing" and wrapped around my arm, I knew he meant business! (they still just stood there like "oh, now I get it!"!!!)
Anyway, you're quite right, this will keep you on your toes! Just remember next time, not to instigate the "pull back" reflex - that's how they lose their teeth... But you know that now, don't you?!
Still, nice job!
Best,
Carolyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back