Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i get worried my dogs will get hurt but they love it so much its hard to stop em once they start:lol:
hey matty i got amongst it a bit that night bit dirty and bit psycho hahaha love it

heres one of my dogs and her 2 sisters at 7mths old with decent young boar that fought em good it was theres first catch out on their own (with parents in cage for backup)
and my boof headed male with a couple small hogs we got off the stubble one morn last yr good size to eat:D:D

Attachments

• pups.jpg
    pups.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 182
  • arn.jpg
    arn.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 157
It makes me fel better knowing you use armour on them to help prevent the injuries - Very responsible. Good work fella's or girlz

wouldnt have it any other way, theyre putin their life on the line for us the least we can do is help prevent injury as much as we can, its also more than the protective plates..they need fitness and a good healthy diet..i run my dogs bout 4-5km at least 5 times a wk, but i usually only hunt bout every 6wks or so, they gotta be in top nick to do battle with the swine

cheers all
tonks

well the us has hog zillazzs weighing 500Kg+ boars and thats insane

ahhh dont start me on them usa hogs theyre sty fed and on roids, the one that kid supposedly shot with a handgun was some blokes pet he had to sell cause it was too big and some fella put it in a couple hundred acres letting some rich yuppie shoot fish in a barrel..everythings bigger and better over there lol

[Matt i just found this thread by chance lol. Your a legend mate. Go the bailers. Tonk's you made that boar look small standing near it. lol.

URL=http://imageshack.us]
dsc2001smallsh5.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one Bigpython. Very good boar. Is that your dog ? Ive got Kelpie xs myself. Matty;)

Anybody near Grafton that shoots roos's, safely?

A Very good friend of my family I used to hunt roos with occasionally years ago, used to have the licence to cull the roos off Grafton airport. He is retired now but I spoke to him end of last year and he is still pretty keen. He is born and bred Grafton and still lives there. PM me if you like. He is a gentleman and well known Grafton local, I could speak to him regards your situation. Hell, I'd come up and help too!

Keep up the good work Matty. A top thread.

Cheers Cement. Went for a walk on weekend and caught 1 sow. Some of the tracks we found in this new spot were MASSIVE ! we go back next weekend and try and get em.;)

DSC02472.jpg

Hey Nook171 that Hogzilla pig is not a wild pig as they state.
Its one of their own that they hand raised ( they don't grow that big in the wild)
anyway they decided to turn it in to porky pits and got the young bloke to put it down.
Then tried to pass it off as a wild kill.
Its been around for a while
Paul

went out australia day and got 3 foxes. tryed to attach photos but couldent.

Last edited:
What dogs do you guys think are best. weve got a young stag hound that we are training up.

went fishing last night and we sused out some properties and found a few goats alot of pigs tracks too hey mat how do the dogs do with the high cages on the quad?

Yer good mate. They have no probs and it stops them jumping off to much. Got 5 on the weekend and missed a huge Boar. He will pay this weekend ! You get my pm ? Cheers all Matty

DSC02602.jpg

LOL @ matty, the missus usually stays behind, gets bored and worried when we leave camp at 5am and get back at 3am the next day, lol. Sometimes the tracks are just too promising to stop, you know, and when you've got everything you need on your back and a mixture of granite/basalt mountains, fresh and salt water wetlands, dry scrub and remenant rainforest in front of you, why go back to camp?

Good to see you were able to get a few Rednut.:D
Are their still some properties out that way that only cater for bowhunting that you know off ???
Now that Bill has passed on, I hear every man and his dog is trying to move in to his pad and
continue it as a hunting property - would'nt be the same without him there...:(
Looks like this thread has got me going again !!!!!!!!
My mate from Glen Innes is very keen on a pig / deer and Murry Cod trip.
Looks like I'm IN !!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Yeah, pretty sure there's still one or two around. Im guessing the one you were talking about earlier was Bill's toomba one?, run by Robin and Ernest? (I might be getting my stations mixed up, lol). I can imagine why everyone would be after that place, it's an amazing patch of land. Probably just keep you're eye out in Archery Action, you will come across something sooner or later (I havent had the mag for a year or so now).

Just bought myself a new 7 arrow bow quiver for my Jag, my old one fell to pieces on me, lol. I was having a rough day on saturday, took the bow into a patch of bush nearby to shoot a few cans, ended up getting a feral cat while it was trying to raid a birds nest in a hollow log (I heard the adult's going off at it and went to have a look, was expecting to find a snake, found a moggy halfway up a tree instead). Made my day considerably more bearable :lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back