Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waikare

Reaction score
hi all was just wondering if i cld walk my snake like u do the family dog:)

Of course you can, they even sell snake collars/leads now so your snake can't run (slither) off. It's great, i usually take my larger pythons for strolls during the afternoons, and i get them to crap on the front lawns of people i dislike. During the night, if i have to walk up to the shops or something, i take a Taipan with me.... for protection. Last time someone tried to mug me the bloke ended up in intensive care for 6 weeks! My Taipan got an extra juicy rat for dinner that night! :)

Of course you can, they even sell snake collars/leads now so your snake can't run (slither) off. It's great, i usually take my larger pythons for strolls during the afternoons, and i get them to crap on the front lawns of people i dislike. During the night, if i have to walk up to the shops or something, i take a Taipan with me.... for protection. Last time someone tried to mug me the bloke ended up in intensive care for 6 weeks! My Taipan got an extra juicy rat for dinner that night! :)

yeah when i take my vens out i have a muzzle on em.....

because its a pet and wld b good to take it for a walk down the local park and let him wander arnd

If you would like a home made collar for your snake, please pm me with the details of your snake, eg, breed width ect. For a home made one it is "rrp" $10029332 But for a one time fee of $200 (+delivery) I am happy to do it for you!

Don't laugh. I have harnesses for sale in my shop especially made for lizards. I want a stuffed lacy so I can display one.

I took one of my pythons for a drive to the video shop once. But then I was too embarassed to take it out of the car. I am not ashamed of my interest, just hate drawing attention to myself but my snake loved wandering through the car :D

:lol: I was being sarcastic, but it does sound funny. If harnesses are available then wouldn't that make it legal to have it on the street? hehehe

Well i do remember some years ago hearing about a guy in The U.S walking his Gator... But Hey anything's possible in the U.S right?

Either way... Reptiles are not Status Symbols.............

FWIW people, I made harnesses for two of my beardies, yes I do take them for walks (gets a bit of natural uv into them...). My little girl used to help me dig in the garden ('cept she used to dig up what I just planted!) and my little man (now 9yo) used to climb the trees!
Re: the snakes, I too take them for "walks", only I don't like to scare people either, so before I leave my driveway with snake around shoulder, I check first to see if people are coming either way (just like driving!), then off we go! They seem to really enjoy being outside in the sun (can't wait to get my Water Python for this!!!) and "sleep" really well later!
Just my two cents' worth...
Best,
Carolyn
By the way, I'm in SA...

:lol:

What a joke. Do you have a backyard? Frontyard? Why can't you utelise either of them? IMO walking a snake is not only stupid and completely unneccesary but it will only create problems for the hobby (I know several people in my family who would have a heart attack at the sight of a large snake slithering the streets - Literally.)

Illegal

In all states it's illegal. Unless you have a license to do so, such as a demonstrators license. You can however get permission to take them to your local school as I did when my son did a project on Reptiles. As long as I was not getting paid for it and the animals were not getting overly stressed it was allowed. I lived across the road from the school which made things very easy.

As far as harness for monitors. You can buy them. They are made for Laceys and other Goanna species.

Reptiles are not pets...they are protected native fauna and you must treat them accordingly..
get a dog if you want to take it for walks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back