Western Brown......AT MY BACK DOOR!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Done Jozz....:)

As others said...Glad he's on the doorstep of a Herp Lover....

And yes... Poor lil bugger.... Wouldnt be real comfy with that around him.....

good stuff catching w browns,that is an attractive quality in a women
i bet it came to you for help cause it knew you would take the wire off from around its neck LOL

Haha! Everyone I know thinks it's a very strange quality for a woman :)

Injured animals do have a tendancy to find me :)

I would like to know what the wire is too...

Seems unusual that a snake could just 'crawl' into this bit of wire and get it stuck there.

Also writing to see how you get on with the subsequent removal of the wire...

Good luck!

Thanks Slim. I can't figure it out either. It seems to have some plastic either side, but I can't work out what the hell it is? I reckon he's tried to get through something, got stuck, and managed to pull this bit out of whatever it was. Haven't had a real close look though. Strange...........hopefully we can figure it out tomorrow when it's removed :)

That's one hot little Western Brown. We found a HUGE one along the Wentworth road through the game park, it was close to 1.8 metres and had one hell of an attitude on it. I almost crashed Sharna's car to catch it...pulled the handbrake on at 100km/h... while I was in the passenger seat!

Update!

He is a cracker hey Jonno!

I took him to Bredl's today, and Rob wasn't there, so his son held him while I cut the obstruction from around his neck. It seems he just wanted to clean his fangs :lol: ! It looks to me like one of those floss tools (if you know what I mean) with the handle broken off? We have a lot of big piles of curbside mulch lying around (to be spread in the vineyard), which has a bit of household rubbish in it. I suspect he's picked this up from crawling through that? He was very lucky to find me :) it did look like it had been there for a while :(

He is such a nice specimen, I suggested that they apply for a permit to keep it as a display animal for the park - he is going to do this :) For those interested in Bredl's Reptile Park in Renmark, Tim told they have some spitting cobras and rattle snakes on order! Yay!!!

Enjoy the crappy pics I took :lol:

Oh yeah, he had venom dripping out of his mouth while being held.

Last edited:
nice work jozz

excellent work, now thats a rescue ;) . Nice looking snake the western brown .
Good on ya jozz, that snake came to the right door for sure. Yeah its alway's good to have a second pair of hands if available when dealing with such a venomous snake, and also it got you in behind the scenes. excellent keep up the good work.
</IMG>
cheers steve

Thanks guys :) Yeah, it was a good excuse to spend time 'behind the scenes' at Bredl's, and make good contact with the family, which I did. I'm hoping they're going to call me when they need an extra hand with the retics and annacondas :) Fingers crossed!

I have had limited experience working with western browns, and have heard stories of them being tailed, and flying up and hitting the cieling at venom supplies! They have a reputation. I'm sure I could have done it safely myself, but I like to have someone around when dealing with things like this with vens. It's just responsible I think.

Regards,
-Jos

I have had limited experience working with western browns, and have heard stories of them being tailed, and flying up and hitting the cieling at venom supplies!

Sounds like you've heard about Action Man, who was an Eastern Brown with a very large chip on his shoulder. There were a couple of testy Western Browns there, but nothing that was too scary.

Do you think western browns are generally one of the more flighty snakes to handle Jonno? Or is it just a case of all snakes are different.

They are definitely not a snake to be messed with. They aren't as bad as some Eastern Browns, but they sure can put on a show when they need to. I know of several bites to keepers and catchers that could have easily resulted in death if they hadn't played their cards right.

Top work Jozz, kudos to you. You saved a native. I really rate efforts like that, if I could I would shake your hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back