Victorian Reptile Expo and VHS Special Greg Maxwell/Steve Wilson meeting upate

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

herptrader

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Dear All,

The Victorian Reptile Expo (Saturday February 23, 2008) and special VHS meeting the next day (Sunday February 24, 2008) are looming fast.

Brian Barnett, Simon Watharow and the VHS committee are running around like blue ****d flies attending to all the last minute details.

I got asked to look after the VHS web site,
http://vhs.com.au at least until the end of this month. (After that there will be a new committee in place and there may be an opening for a new web master.) As temporary web master I have tried to keep it updated with as many useful details as soon as they are confirmed. The pages to watch on the web site are the Expo page (with details of the Expo - obviously) and the Calendar page with details of the Special VHS meeting with Greg Maxwell and Steve Wilson.

Last night I put up details a preliminarily list of items that will go into the Special meeting auction. Included in the Auction will probably be a number of reptiles but at this stage is confirmed to include a pair of Snake Ranch Woma Pythons. (We have two pythons in our collection won at VHS auction - the final bid being just too good a deal to refuse... and trader loves Womas so I have my fingers crossed that trader will be out bid on these as we probably do not need any more.)

On the Expo front it was too expensive to organise an ATM for the day. It was going to cost thousands of dollars!! So remember to bring cash on the day... or be prepared to drive a couple of K to the nearest bank as it will be cash only on the day.

Please keep an eye on the VHS web site for Expo and Meeting updates. At this stage it is being updated daily.

vic_expo08_1.jpg

Trader (Judy - the real Herp Trader) and I will be manning the Herp Shop tables. I think Brian has put me in charge of the thermostats and related items.

APS members please take the time to come and introduce yourselves.

It would be good to organise a get together afterwards but for us, and anybody else manning a table we will already be pretty flat out without organising something extra. If somebody wants to do some organising we will certainly try to come along.

i can't wait.......

Krusty, if you wear that makeup on the day I will have no problem recognising you!

Im coming down from Sydney, can anyone tell me a good place to stay thats close to the expo? also were all the good reptile shops are? any help is greatly appreciated

cheers,

Jason

Yep can't wait too.....hopefully get the missus along and try and convince her that a snake is the way to go. So if I bump into some of you.....c'mon do some convincing!! Oh and congrats on the entry price. Very reasonable indeed compared to other exhibitions / shows etc.

hi all can someone predict how big it will be as id love to come down but if its only just a few tables it would be a long way to go . thanks

Im coming down from Sydney, can anyone tell me a good place to stay thats close to the expo? also were all the good reptile shops are? any help is greatly appreciated

cheers,

Jason

ANYWHERE IN THE CITY. ITS JUST A SHORT TAXI RIDE APPROX 4KM-5KM COST ABOUT $15.00 OR JUMP ON A TRAM.
I BELIEVE THERES A GOOD REPTILE SHOP IN THE CITY. ALTHOUGH I HAVENT BEEN TO IT.
HAVE A LOOK AT THE VHS WEBSITE IT HAS LINKS TO THE SHOWGROUNDS AND ACCOMODATION

hi all can someone predict how big it will be as id love to come down but if its only just a few tables it would be a long way to go . thanks

It won't be just a few tables. A number of the smaller vendors with limited numbers of animals to sell have had to share a table.

Can't wait,

I'm happy to offer a lift to anyone out my way.......................Yeah Car pool.

With just over 2 weeks to go the VHS committee is getting together over this weekend to map out which vendors go where at the Show Grounds.

At this stage there are 70 odd vendors, the vast majority of which will be selling herps. The cut off date for vendors to sign up is this weekend so if you have been sitting on the fence now is the time to let the organisers know.

All the details are on the VHS web site: http://vhs.com.au

It is also time for all interstaters wishing to join us on this special weekend to make your travel plans if you have not done so already.

i am also happy to give people a lift in the northern suburbs i am bundoora

im thinking bout going to ave a look
anyone in berwick/narre area that can give me a lift please
but not 100% sure depends on homework due to VCE

ooh gettin closer 10 days away, can't wait!! shall see you all there :D

I hope to update the web site soon with the timetable of events during day.

I also expect to be able to post the looong and interesting list of herp related items that will be up for Auction at the Sunday meeting with Greg Maxwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back