hmm I will bite you in the face.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Ok, a few weeks back I bought two baby blueys, they are now 5-6 weeks old. feeding well, i feed them baby food and the occasional snail. When the snail comes into the enclosure, the blueys beat the hell out of each other untill I break it up. then one gets the snail and walks off trying to eat it.
The whole time the other one is trying to attack the snail eating bluey, i hold him back, a few times one gets to the other and bites him in the face/mouth and rolls areoung with eachother, and they are so hard to pry off,

This only happenes at meal time, some times i chop the snail into two, so they each have some, but once one finished he went for the other half of the snail... and ended up bighting the others face..

any ideas how i can fix this?

give them each one snail, and feed seperately lol

haha mine just done the same thing with a snail then i chopped it up and they were fine. I think they would be the same age aswell.

Take 1 out of the enclosure give it a snail,and give the other one a snail inside the enclosure.

I've had this happen with my beardies. One was getting visually larger than the other, so I was trying to feed the smaller one more. The larger kept getting hungry, wanting more, and snapping at whatever was in the smaller one's mouth.

By making sure they get enough to eat seems to help.
Maybe they're not getting enough to eat each feeding, and so want to get as much as they can since food is "scarce" in their opinions.

What other foods did they eat when u first got them . My male will only eat dog food and i havent seen the female eat anything yet, they are about 4 weeks old.Ive tried bananas apple lettuce and baby beady food(fruit based pellets that i soak in water.

What other foods did they eat when u first got them . My male will only eat dog food and i havent seen the female eat anything yet, they are about 4 weeks old.Ive tried bananas apple lettuce and baby beady food(fruit based pellets that i soak in water.

try mixing dog food with baby food and finely chopped up veggies mine love it lol

for the first 2 weeks they ate nothing, finally they ate some baby food and now snails. they didnt touch dog food.

Quality.:lol:
Ok, a few weeks back I bought two baby blueys, they are now 5-6 weeks old. feeding well, i feed them baby food and the occasional snail. When the snail comes into the enclosure, the blueys beat the hell out of each other untill I break it up. then one gets the snail and walks off trying to eat it.
The whole time the other one is trying to attack the snail eating bluey, i hold him back, a few times one gets to the other and bites him in the face/mouth and rolls areoung with eachother, and they are so hard to pry off,

This only happenes at meal time, some times i chop the snail into two, so they each have some, but once one finished he went for the other half of the snail... and ended up bighting the others face..

any ideas how i can fix this?

o_O
You need a forum to tell you common sense?
They're not dogs. You can't train them.
Feed them seperately...and more.

for the first 2 weeks they ate nothing, finally they ate some baby food and now snails. they didnt touch dog food.

Do you think they get dog food and baby food in the wild?
OFCOURSE they aren't going to want to eat it...and then go for a snail if you only give them one.

ARGH!

I have 4 blueys in a tub, and feed on 2 plates making sure 2 use each plate. This seems to work, however I still supervise while they are eating as they can want the piece thats in its mates mouth rather than a nice fresh piece off the plate, but its just a matter of knowing when its heading over to the other one and pulling them back. Mine like dog food but I have trouble getting snails. Speaking of which I might head outside and see if there are any around since its wet.

With livefood, I have a spare tub, chuck about 10 medium crix in and one bluey, leave him for 10min to have his feed, then swap blueys and chuck in 10 more crix. Works well.

o_O
You need a forum to tell you common sense?
They're not dogs. You can't train them.
Feed them seperately...and more.

OFCOURSE they aren't going to want to eat it...and then go for a snail if you only give them one.

ARGH!

Ah.. well tell that to nearly ever person that owns a blue tongue. ALOT of people feed them dog/baby food.

Also, no need to be rude, I was just asking for ideas. For simple methods other people have used.

No need to be such a smartass.

ARGH.

thanks falconboy I will try the swapping bluey method when they start eating crickets.

Tatelina, take it easy. If your only going to try to be offensive, don't say anything at all.

I've kept Blueys for a few years on and off and they'll eat anything you put in front of them (well, mine have). Rocky, try Falconboy's method, if fighting continues, just buy a tub from Bunnings for $10 or less just for the purpose of feeding.

Good Luck! Can we see pics of your Blueys?

ARGH!

Argh yourself, Blue tongues are scavangers in the wild. This means, in case you are having trouble understanding such a big word, that they will eat anything that smells even slightly like food, this includes dog and cat food. Alot of people who find them in the wild find them in the dog or cat bowl eating, guess what? So climb down off of that big horse before you fall off and hurt yourself.:rolleyes:

yeah thats right! i heard many reports about dogs killing blueys when they are in the dow bowl eating. I am about to feed them now, hope all goes well.

Rocky try the chunks in gravy variety of dog foods and chop the chunks up, my bluey loves it. Also softer fruits seem to be the go, berries, mango etc. Good luck with the little guys, have to agree with the others though separate them if you can, they can be quite territorial and will fight aggressively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back