Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diamond_girl

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey every1 my diamond python has escaped we have beem looking all day im 99% he is in the house any tips on how to find him :(

how big is it?

I had one get out once and I found it in the back of the washing machine, after I'd done a few loads!! It wasn't pretty!!

he is a bout 6 foot and the fattest part of him is a bit bigger than a 50cent piece im am so stressed out :(

Look everywhere, and I mean everywhere. He probably be able to squeeze under the door jamb. On top of everything. I'm always surprised how well they climb.

i have found evidence of wher he could have been i am just worried the cat has got him i can handle him showing up in a day or so i just want to know that he is ok but

he could be somewere were it is hot so he can get some heat
its just a sugestion

Wait until later tonight when all is quiet and dark and keep an ear out for him moving around. In the meantime lock up the cat!

If its close to feeding time just wait till late tonight turn all the lights off and quietly check the house with a torch. I had a jungle escape she was gone two days. Went down to check on everything and there she was above hotwater system waiting for food. That was not before pulling the garage apart, that if anything just makes them hide more.

Firstly look in the warmer places...
Secondly look under cupboards, beds etc, in the tightest little nooks and cranmnies,
One of my JCP's has escaped a couple of times, through the tiniest little opening I had left in the glass doors, still to this day I don't know how. I opened it a tiny bit only to let in a little more air as it was extremely hot.
The first time my son found it snuggled in his fluffy toys on top of his bookshelf.
Second time, she was under a chest of drawers, I removed all the drawers and found her in a dark corner.
Third time she had managed to squeeze through a tiny crack in the fake rock wall in her enclosure, I had to pull the enclosure apart to get her out.
Good luck, a snake that big will turn up ....somewhere!
Cheers

my adult childrens got out , but i found him in the same day i waited to dusk when he was ready to start moving around and i really do beleive he was happy i found him. but otherwise look in corners under furniture small spaces etc good luck

i've herd you can put a punkie mouse in a sprey bottle of water, sprey it in the doorways and the snake should come out to investigate the smell..

lock that cat up in a cage asap, not worth the risk

it would have been early this morning coz i know he was there last night before i went to bed then wen i woke up for work this morning he was out and i started looking straight away bu coldnt find him

Switch all the lights off, lay down and watch tele or something, then every 30mins do a search of the house. You'll quite likely find him out and about later tonight sometime if you keep looking. Best to turn all the lights off now though so that he comes out of hiding.

they usually dont go far,keep lookin

if you need help we will put together a snake huntin posse and come help look
as your local

Have you found him yet?
Just interested on the plight of the missing diamond!

yay we found him early this morning little bugger was in my housemates bed we stayed up til 4 this morning positive he was still in the lounge room sitting in the dark watching tv with the volume down coz i had plastic bags everywhere so we could hear if he moved and every half hour we were doing searches we had flour everywhere so we could check if he went through any where so then finally at 4 am with no luck we decided to go too bed then we woke up at 5 coz my cat tried to open the door and my bf was angry that some1 let in the cat after we said not to and i said well maybe they found him so i went and looked and there he was in his tank and my housemate said yeah he was in my bed waht a nice suprise now fred is happily back in his tank with a full stomach thanks guys for all your ideas on helping to find him :D i still think we need to invent a tracking system:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back