averies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris1

cupcake
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get large averies/dog runs etc in sydney?

i want to make an outdoor area fro the beardies around 4m long and 2.5 wide (height doesnt matter as much, but it'd be nice to be able to stand in it)

i'm not all that handy and want it to look nice so making something myself isnt an option. :)

Chris...it aint to hard to convert a old wooden wardrobe?
lay one on its side....if it has a divider in it already,then you have 2 separate areas
cut a rectangular section out of each door & fasten bird wird..
hey most already have locks!

J H Bonwick at Russell st, Emu Plains makes all types of averies at wholesale prices.

DragonLady, its gonna be a permanent fixture complete with trees and a pond/waterfall so its gotta look nice.
...i'm still trying to find the motivation to convert Lokis wardrobe i bought 4 him in june last year! :)

Ebay only seemed to have 1 seller,...whos stuff looked great, but was thinking i could save the 300bucks shipping by finding something local.

thanks hawktime! i'll check out J H Bonwick! :)

Try 'Google' or the phone book you will be surprised how many people there are doing this stuff. You can even go to Bunnings who have a range of sheds and avaries. I live out in Campbelltown so cannot really help with local supplies but try www.sydneysheds.com.au taht may at least give you some ideas!

Look on ebay for cages and aviarys, theres usually heaps on there.
Alternativley, what we used for ours was steel angles used for shelving in stores etc.
They already come with holes so you just have to cut them to size then bolt them together, make a frame for the door, then add hinges etc.

The only bad part is tying all the wire on, which takes ages.
We picked up a heap of the angles from the 'recyclers' which is basically a junkyard for steel, tiles, glass etc......
You would be suprised what you can find there ;)

Have a look at the thread " New Outdoor Enclosure", I will bump it up for you.

Thanks Meshe,..thats an impressive effort!

thanks to everyone else for ideas too,...i guess making one would be the logical move,..time to go suck up to dad! :)

Hi Chris,
i was at kellyville pets on the weekend and they had cat runs and a large selection of aviaires.

Not the cheapest but worth a look.

Hope it helps

Simon

great idea Simon, i might have to go for a drive on the weekend!

thanks! :)

thanks serpenttoungue!

thats a fantastic link!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back