Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jozz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Was a bit bored, so I thought i'd post some photos of my big Spotted Black Snake in his new home. His name's Stanley - check out how flat he gets :) Enjoy!

Last edited:
Bit over 5 foot :)

nice jos!
cant wait to meet him soon!! :)

that enclosure looks familiar.... lol

wow hes beautiful jozz!, i love black snakes! only elapid id ever keep, are they interesting to watch?

Yeah Matt! What do you think Mert :)

arbok, I've had him in a click clack since I got him, so he's only been in the display enclosure for a couple of days. He's been in his hide most of the time, so i'm looking forward to watching him more. He was pretty skinny when I got him, and his condition is still improving :) Here's a pic from when I first got him a couple of months ago.

Last edited:
wow jozz hes looking much better, lucky him came into your hands aye. he looks gorgeous and im sure your going to see many exciting things!

Great snake Jos!!!!

I like your enclosure hehehehehe

I like it too Mert! Plenty of room for him anyway :)

Thats a nice Spotted....
This is the first one i have seen in captivity,
we have hundreds around where i live, i see 2-3 a day during summer .

Curious where you got him from?

Hey Moose, whats the biggest you reckon you've seen?

According to the person I got him off, the origin was J. Wright?

Seemed like it craig. He certainly wasn't hard to get feeding or anything - he's a real pig. I was given a tiger snake with him, and they were both in poor condition. They had no water in their tubs when I picked them up. They both stuck their heads straight in the water and had a huge drink when I got them into their new homes, and both shed about a week later. They're happy little campers now :)

It's great to see you looking after them now Jos!

I saw my first wild brown snake the other day up here in Moonta at my nieces house, just a baby and running like hell to get from one load of rocks to another. in her back yard, well, side paddock thing. we made sure not to let the kids out there , She was having a party.

I was surprised at my city dwelling cousins, they all said just leave it alone as to the usual KILL it KILL it mentality, it was good to see one. my niece hadn't seen one at all in the 6 months she lived here!

That is good to hear :) I think peoples attitudes are changing (slowly) towards snakes. The more information and education that gets out there the better for the critters - it is just ignorance (and fear caused by ignorance) that causes the 'only good snake is a dead snake' attitude.

I reckon the younger generation will be a lot different. Most kids shows are pro reptile (Totally Wild, Steve/Bindi Irwin), and they are getting a lot more exposure these days :)

You want to see wild brownies.......come up here!

Jozz, the largest i have seen would be 1.8m , but in saying that i have never actually measured a wild spotted.

Haha if you want to see King browns Come up here!

Moose

Haha, yeah, we've actually got them here too. Plus Tigers, and the odd Red Belly (apparently - i've never seen one). I love the king Browns, but they're probably the only ones that make me a bit nervous for some reason! Don't want to cop a bite from one of them :)

I dont mind the King's , Ive dealt with a few out here in the past and i dont think they are too much different to browns.

I wouldnt want to cop a bite from any venomous snake! I dont think i would survive, Im a Big sook and faint at the mention of Pain. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back