Graphic Editing Software Needed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

falconboy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

My background is in technical (repairs) so I don't have much to do with a great deal of software and I am having trouble with graphics.

I've got Corel Photo-paint X3 (no, i don't have 3 copies, its called 'X3') :) and I find it difficult to use compared to what I'm used to. Trying to create a few buttons and things for use on a web page at the moment.

I'm used to older versions of Paint Shop Pro and Adobe Photoshop (I think version 4). These are old, but I was used to how it all works.

What do people use and find user friendly, but also extensive in what it can do?

Anyone got a cheap Adobe Photoshop 4 or Paint Shop Pro (around the same age - not sure of version) for sale (not trial versions).

Ta

I use Macromedia Fireworks, it is a little like Photoshop. If you have used Photoshop you will find Fireworks easy to use. I think it is a lot more finctional than Photoshop IMO.

Go GIMP

Free
Easy to use

http://www.gimp.org/

Other than that I recommend Fireworks. Developed by Macromedia (RIP MM) and now by Adobe.

IsK

you could probably just use photoshop elements, has many of the same features as adobe photoshop 7, CS, whatever. (I use PS7 at the mo, would like to get CS2 or CS3 though) and I dont think elements is that expensive to purchase. I used photoshop elements 2.0 for aaages a while ago, and was fine, and im a graphics nut.. not sure what version they are up to now with elements.. thinkl its at least 4.. hope i helped somewhat? goodluck with your search!

cs3 is the way to go so easy to use and if you buy it you might aswell go to there wb page and buy the training dvds i think 100$ for 7 or 8 full dvds of tutorials its very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back