copper pipe

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mecoop

Reaction score
Hi

I have just lost half of my lizard collection and have no idea why. they have been fine for years and have shown no signs of being sick till now.

I have converted my garage into a room for my herps. the garage was sprayed with a surface spray and left for 48 hrs before anything was moved in so nothing was near them at all. I have just ran new copper water pipes and was wondering if this could be the cause as i have used the new taps to wash there water bowls???????

I can not break it down to water or food or even by cage as ones in the same cage are ok and look health. My snake mice, rats and quals are all in the same room but only my lizards have been affected.

Any ideas? i am heart broken and want to work this out so i do not loose any more.

"surface spray"? as in insecticide?, I'd be thinking it had something to do with it? what type of lizards are we talking about and how many?

With the surface spray unless the animals walk thru it i been told its fine .
As I have also sprayed and havent had a problem .

After you sprayed was there fumes ? if so did the fumes disapat ?

Hope this helps

With the surface spray unless the animals walk thru it i been told its fine .
As I have also sprayed and havent had a problem .

After you sprayed was there fumes ? if so did the fumes disapat ?

Hope this helps

infected insects being eaten wouldn't be fine.

infected insects being eaten wouldn't be fine.
thats what i was thinking.
really sad to hear , is the mesh/ventilation on your cages big enough for any infected insects to pass through and get eaten.

Was sprayed 48hrs before anything was brought in, no animal no enclosures were in there during this time.
the only gap is between the glass doors.
species EwD, henry lawsonii, central beardies, blue tongues and they are all in multiple enclouses so for something it get into each tank through the gap in the glass would have to be the most unluckest thing to happen. In saying this not every thing in the one tank died, some in the same tank look fine and are activie and eating.

That figure of 48 hours goes out the window with most surface sprays. These are designed to be active for weeks, even months. I think Jason is on to something

yeah, personally, I avoid using anything like that, as I have seen herps die before from insecticide poisoning, that "should of been fine". I prefer to put up with the bugs, which attract other animals, like the micro bats that sometimes roost under the house because of the gum moths that live there.

The new copper pipes should have been fine i think? Provided that you let a bit of water run through them before you were filling their water bowls i couldn't see how it would have much to do with it IMO.

i had feed them woodies but they were in side my house and right away from any spraying. they were also fed to my lizards in the house and they are fine.

I have run hot and cold water tthough my pipes for 15min before i started to use them

I have checked everything this afternoon and all seem ok.

I guess this is something i will never beable to work out, It is heart breaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back