New piercing :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice piercings everyone.
My mods are as follows:
  • nose
  • both tragus
  • both ears twice with lower hole stretched to 4ga with plans to go to 0ga
  • vertical hood
  • a microdermal in my chest which after a year rejected and i got it removed. Once it fully heals i'll get it re-done though.
I also recently got my first tattoo seems we are on the topic of mods.

I'd love to get more piercings and am hanging out for a madonna/munroe/beauty spot but due to work need to limit facial piercings.

Attached are pics of my micro and my tattoo after 1st and 2nd sessions.

pink_boa

hey pinky where did u get ur work done at??

I love the look of the wrist piercings but far too impractical for me. Mate had it done once and she'd get it caught on everything! Never healed properly, was always red and ouchy. Think I'll stick with the 8 'tamer' piercings I've got. Hope it heals up all good for u tho!

used to get pierced at the piercing urge in crown st, sydney but since they are no longer there i now get pierced at industrial strength in king st, newtown which i HIGHLY recommend if anyone is looking.

ink by rhys @ inner vision in crown st, sydney. Also HIGHLY recommended.

pink_boa

not to bad compared to the work i have seen come out of there we have so many people come saying there tattoo is stuffed up

thesilverbeast,

It wasn't anymore painful that any other piercing. if you check out http://www.bmezine.com there is plenty of info on microdermals and any form of body modification that you can imagine and others that you can't.........

but basically they pierce underneath the skin using a regular piercing needle then just slip the jewelry in.

Changing the jewelry hurt ALOT. i got my gem changed because when i first got it done it was still pretty new and the flat dics gems were not available and i had like a half ball kinda gem so he kinda had to hold the post and unscrew it and yeah OUCH! have a bloody pic after i got it changed around here somewhere but yeah.

removal was also pretty painless. i went in and from doing my research was expecting a scalpel. however when i looked on the tray i seen no scalpel or cutting instrument of any kind and upon asking how he was going to take it out i got a cheeky grin and "i'll tell you when i am finished" i knew he was just going to rip it out which was fair enough considering how much it had rejected. I had actually considered doing it myself.

anyway any more q's just ask

pink_boa

When you got your dermal removed, did it leave much of a scar?
I was considering getting a couple near my collarbones, but I don't really want two big scars there forever!

used to get pierced at the piercing urge in crown st, sydney but since they are no longer there i now get pierced at industrial strength in king st, newtown which i HIGHLY recommend if anyone is looking.

ink by rhys @ inner vision in crown st, sydney. Also HIGHLY recommended.

pink_boa

I luuuurve the design on your back, Pinky! Funnily enough Rhys did my back work too! He was fantastic. I'll post pics soon.

I had the joy of swallowing a piece of my lip ring today. :)
The joys of having piercings!

kelly,

i'll take some pics of my scar if you like and post it. it isn't a huge scar and it will settle down more as it heals.

Jessb,

i also agree that rhys was fantastic. he even contacted me quite a bit after the first session just to check up to see how i was coping etc.

pink_boa

I'm pretty sure you're never meant to wash peircings with Metho...erm.
Now I may be really old.... and have nothing pierced but my ears.... BUT way back when I got my ears done, ALL piercings were treated with Metho, that was what was recommended and I've had them done 3 times over many years and never got an infection.

Of course it also makes a damn fine drink........... Only kidding on that one:):):):)

Metho dries the piercing out and actually slows down the healing process.

My personal fav is saline, salt water is fine too but there is a chance that it might be mixed too strong and burn the piercing.

pink_boa

he he he
looks like a mannequin hand in the second pic

Now I may be really old.... and have nothing pierced but my ears.... BUT way back when I got my ears done, ALL piercings were treated with Metho, that was what was recommended and I've had them done 3 times over many years and never got an infection.

Back in the day they also thought the world was flat....

Metho is too harsh.

Metho dries the piercing out and actually slows down the healing process.

My personal fav is saline, salt water is fine too but there is a chance that it might be mixed too strong and burn the piercing.

pink_boa

Saline IS salt water! ;) But I think that is the best too. I always tried to get piercings done in summer because when swimming in the ocean every day, they heal really fast!

But apparently for infections VERY diluted hydrogen peroxide is often recommended. (I think you can buy it in solution as "piercing spray" or something.)

Saline IS salt water! ;)

Erm...duh.
Saline is properly mixed though. If you mix too much salt in the water then it can burn the piercing, that's why Saline is easier and better.

Metho, 100% Alcohol or peroxcide... they are all olden day remedies, what they would of used for heaps worse wounds than a piercing gives. I did use salt water or beach water aswell. I found both metho and salt water to be the best mix for me, healing it up quickly.
I suppose people with fair/sensitive skin should use the metho.. ect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back