Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ailerom

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I got my first snake, a Coastal, 10 months ago. I had the choice of an MD or Coastal and picked the Coastal because of his markings. Since then I have visited here often and found the information on this site very informative and interesting.
But I don't understand the 'prejudice' against Coastals. Is it because they are more common?

Saying they're disliked isn't entirely true...I've heard they're quite liked by BHP...

I hate blind snakes, A LOT they are stinky and look like worms. I still like reptiles *shrug* get over it

I love coastals. I have two of them and i recon they are awsome!

I got my first snake, a Coastal, 10 months ago. I had the choice of an MD or Coastal and picked the Coastal because of his markings. Since then I have visited here often and found the information on this site very informative and interesting.
But I don't understand the 'prejudice' against Coastals. Is it because they are more common?

There are a few people who don't like them for there own stupid reason , but there are more people who like so don't worry about the people who make stupid comments about them.

I bought my first one 2 weeks ago and I think he/she is a relly good looking snake.

The whole "we hate coastals" rubbish came from 1 or 2 people on this site & like a pack of robots the rest follow:rolleyes: Don't let it get to you because half the clowns that hate them have never owned a coastal anyway:lol::p

I like them also, but i've found them to be the most aggressive of all my snakes so their not top of my list either :p

Don't follow the general herd. If you like them that's all that matters. I have 5 Coastals, all are beautiful creatures and i adore all of them. All of mine are named :- Brutus, Angel Belle, Guinea Belle, Son of Brutus and Antigua.

I keep various species, and Brutus is still and will always be my favourite animal. I could'nt give a rats ar.se if that doesn't comply with anyone else.

Enjoy your baby for what it is. By the way, where are the pics of it? ;)

Simone.

The whole "we hate coastals" rubbish came from 1 or 2 people on this site & like a pack of robots the rest follow:rolleyes: Don't let it get to you because half the clowns that hate them have never owned a coastal anyway:lol::p

I've owned four. I still think they're ugly :p

i'm gonna tak a few of my ugly coastals to the queensland reptile expo..as for being an aggresive breed,its only a small percentage.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your comments guys. I'm not phased by what others like or don't like, just wondered what the reasons were and now I know. I still reckon he is a beautiful animal, he is still snappy, but I have learned to handle him with a minimum of fuss. He's not good to handle when visitors are around. I now have mature Children's python as well, he is as placid as it is possible for a snake to be.
Pictures attached were a couple of months ago, he seems to have doubled again in size since then.

Hopefully pictures are attached successfully this time.

Attachments

• IMG_1692.JPG
    IMG_1692.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1893.JPG
    IMG_1893.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1332.JPG
    IMG_1332.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1932.JPG
    IMG_1932.JPG