bearded dragon heating/lighting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
just wondering what p. vitticeps keepers use for heating/lighting; and also thermostats.
cheers

I am a new beardie keeper, I use a 10.0 uv max bulb in a reflector dome and for heating use a small exo-terra heat mat and a 50watt bulb for a basking spot, all on a microclimate b1 dimming thermostat.

Heat: Philips SpotOne 60w

UV: can't remember the brand, sorry

Thermostat: Microclimate B1ME

I use a basking light for each beardie - just the cheap ones from coles- i find they work fine, and cause thir cheap i can have some spare, for when a bulb dies.

and a Big UV fluro above them. I use the plant light you buy from bunnings, my local herp shop uses/sells them too and i find they work fine, but you gotta change it every 6 months.

wow i never knew coles would sell heat lights. thanks tadpoles.
also, how long (on average) do bearded dragons live?
thanks

Riley, I buy my Philips SpotOne globes for about $3ea from Bunnings. They do the exact same job as a reptile-specific heat bulb, but are way cheaper :D

Pretty much what everyone else has stated. I use reflecter bulbs made by either phillips or that other brand (sorry blank head) starts with M :(. I use 60W with no thermostate but they have a large enclosure so heaps of temperature varient. I also use the fluro U.V by reptile 1 as it does both UVA and UVB. Sorry I'm not more specific ready for bed I think :lol:

Allana :)

Quite possibly Mirrabella. :)

:lol: thanks falconboy, you would be dead on the money there. Yes that's the brand (like I said one of them nights :). I proberbly could off got of my chair and had a look but :rolleyes: nah :lol:

Mercury vapour bulbs for mine .They do heat and uv and no need for a thermostat

Riley bunnings has heaps,lots around the $3 price.

What distance/height up from the basking area do you guys have your lights as an average?? with say a 60watt globe??

I go to my local hardware store..Mitre 10 in S.A
heat & U.V is to length,height & width of your habitat... using a 60w wouldnt be enough for my 6ft x 3ft x 2 ft & also depends on the material it is made with... glass tanks are cooler...mdf warmer etc
ventilation is a key issue
id dont use thermostats...i surveyed heat vs watts in globes pr habitat...this also varies with material habitat is made from..
have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back