person tagged 7 times by brown

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats either one fast brown or a stupid person....

Yeah heard about that... the lady is on dialisis now, she has kidney falure :shock:
7 times is alot though

btw, the link doesnt work

cheers
Trouble

A DARLING Downs woman has survived a ferocious attack by a king brown
Well we all know what happend to the snake (if they found it)

That would be scary, bleeding from your eyes and ears :shock:

Hope she gets better soon

thats either one fast brown or a stupid person....

Normally brown snakes are regarded as the slowest species, mulga snakes are also notoriously slow :rolleyes: :|

Getting bitten on the foot like that would suggest she simply stood on it, perhaps not smart but its hardly like she would have planned it. If you call someone stupid for accidentally standing on a snake where does that leave ppl who get bitten taking risks intentionally?

Im not to sure what the vicious native ant was but i know the bull ants in tassy have killed ppl and most of them are completely nuts and pack a decent punch.

Normally brown snakes are regarded as the slowest species, mulga snakes are also notoriously slow :rolleyes: :|

i never new browns were regarded as the slowests i would have thought a common brown would be quite quick judging by its build. but i was also saying it in a manner that suggested she was stupid to get bitten that many times

Getting bitten on the foot like that would suggest she simply stood on it, perhaps not smart but its hardly like she would have planned it. If you call someone stupid for accidentally standing on a snake where does that leave ppl who get bitten taking risks intentionally?

mm this is true but you'd think after getting bitten once or twice you would have realised? expecialy since the bites were all in the same area, + the bite that punctured her vaine.... im pretty sure she would have felt that so unless that was the 7th bite i just think either shes immune to pain or just silly
all seems a bit weird to me.

walking or running backl to the house would have pumped the venom around her system quicker .one bite should have killed her in that case i imagine pretty lucky lady

RBB's are slow, when browns are in the mood they are pretty damn quick. Never, ever came across a slow one during rescues. Wild browns are generally regarded as quick snakes, don't deceive the young 'uns on the site by telling them stuff that could get them killed.

When they are in their element, Eastern Browns can be surprisingly fast...but they are incredibly predictable.

I would almost guarantee that the species that bit her was an Eastern Brown, and it would have been lucky to bite her more than twice.

makes alot of sense then jonno, because dont king browns pump in alot of venom.... so getting bitten 7 times would be a hell of alot of venom running through her system

one of my uncles had in excess of ten bites from a brown, on both legs and a hand used to fend it off (a very angry brown) whilst another uncle had two bites, sustained whilst on horseback!
bearing this in mind i do not doubt the 7 bites as quoted, though i would imagine that the last couple may have been dry...

ummmm you guys do realise that the KINGBROWN -mulga snake are the same and its in fact a BLACKSNAKE you can not compare their actions to a eastern brown they act more like a red belly flattening out when agravated yes their venom yield is high and when they bite they chew but over all being bitten by a mulga to being bitten by a eastern brown mm.m if I had no choice would take the mulga risk anyday ....

eastern browns are highly fast moving snakes and probably the most dangerous to irritate they are unpredictable and i can truly understand how she got bit cause if it was a decent size brown after her first bite as she realised what happend truth be told she was still standing on it when it bit her again and again and as she was moving its strike range finished her with 7 bites nothing to do with stupidity just dam unlucky and lucky to be alive never tell anyone they are a slow species ......you want slow collect snails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back