Well Hello Again

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

africancichlidau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
LOng time no see :) My misfortune, your gain :)

I came here to post a for sale ad but found out you have to pay for the privilege now? I don't mind a few bucks but aren't you breaking the law asking for money to advertise wildlife in NSW? This is interesting ****cos I thought NSW was not even allowed to fart without permisssion from NSWPW? In the presence of a Herp, that is :).

Welcome back mate :D

You had some nice snakes at the expo, shame I didn't realise it was you until I was back in Sydney.

Kane

Welcome back Afro. That fridge I got off you is working a treat as well:D

Interesting point. Would the same be said about paying a fee to join herp societys simply to be able to advertise in their news letters etc?

Not having a dig at u, just wondering how it works......

Although that maybe why the seller option was dropped and now subscriptions are only available ;)

hahaha, so true so true africansomething... welcome back to the site!!!

sorry but i scrolled down to far to read your name...lol

I am led to believe that in order to be a subscriber, you get certain benefits. The $10 is to cover the costs of administration and the running of this site, not to advertise the sale of wildlife.

It's exactly the same as being a paid member of a herp society, once you join the advertising is basically free. NSW DEC have always stated they are perfectly happy with this type of arrangement.
There are still plenty of free sites mate to advertise your stuff.

The department in NSW have stated that APS and the like are categorized as (online) societies.

I think they quite like the idea as it allows them something to monitor what is going on.

We have correspondence from the department specifically allowing the Herp Trader to carry ads from NSW.

With a lot of these laws interpretation is the key.... and sometimes even government departments can apply common sense. The other thing to note is that most of these laws were framed before the Internet was a happening thang.

I don't think it would ever be a problem as it says on the DECC website that you aren't allowed to sell wildlife as a commercial buisness but seeing how many buisnesses are set up in nsw selling reptiles it's obviously not something they are really that interested in enforcing...

Ben

Hi Afro. Long time no read. Hope u and your snakes are well. Lucky you posted as some morons are starting to catch up to you

LOng time no see :) My misfortune, your gain :)

I came here to post a for sale ad but found out you have to pay for the privilege now? I don't mind a few bucks but aren't you breaking the law asking for money to advertise wildlife in NSW? This is interesting ****cos I thought NSW was not even allowed to fart without permisssion from NSWPW? In the presence of a Herp, that is :).

Payment $10 is for membership.
With this you get lot of other privileges and use of for sale forum also. You can sell fridge if you like.

Please if you have any problem with the way this site is run, post to support centre, not to open forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back