Mutated Toad.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

notechistiger

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I found this a while ago. I thought it was two cane toads until I shined a light on it. Creepy, no? It's currently residing in my second freezer (the one that's in the garage and stores rats/mice, because Mum couldn't stand them being in the main freezer).

The white thing in the background is my dog. But, he's a jack russell, and therefore couldn't even stand still for a photo. :D

It's not a good picture, because it was taken with my phone, but you can see enough of it.

View attachment 44528

Last edited:
nooooo. dont freeze the mutated ones... keep the mutant gene going!!!

at least its started now!

good stuff! great find!

That is one wacked up toad :shock: glad its in the freezer
Maybe you could get some better pics of it now that its frozen ;) just a sugestion

Great picture of a mutate toad. My understanding is the mutation is the result of a parasite (Protozoa) that attacks frogs/toads as tadpoles (Part of its indirect life cycle) and makes the toads/frogs easier to catch by birds. (Birds will pass on the eggs vai droppings).

It could also be the result of radiation pollution (As found in toads in Germany).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back