Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im not saying everyone is the same but before i got my first snake my girlfriend was absolutely petrified of them, when i told her that i was purchasing a coastal yearling she freaked out and gave me rules lol like it was to never come out wen she was over, she wasnt gonna sleep in my room and she didnt even want to see it when she was around.........the first day she saw it i convinced her to hold it, and now she absolutely loves snakes. she will come over n just grab 'Rex' out of his cage with out even hesitating. she now wants one for herself
i give it less than a month and you will love snakes, like people have said before the bites dont actually hurt its just the thought of getting bitten that gets people
cheers

Erin..

I was 10 when I got my first snake. I had been trying since before I was 9 to get my license and to get a children's python. But there was one big issue with this, my mum absolutely hated snakes and would of killed one in the wild if it got to close to her. 6 years down the line I have dozen's of snakes, and I can even give my mum a snake to hold if something needs to be done. You may be scared of a snake now, but I can assure you that you won't be scared of them for long.. and you will probably even want a snake of your own soon enough.

WOO HOO!!!

That to me means i can get it:lol::lol:

Ben

Don't you start counting your chickens yet Benjamin!! Or you can choose between the snake and me! :lol:

Actually no, I might loose out if I say that!!

Last edited:
Don't you start counting your chickens yet Benjamin!! Or you can choose between the snake and me! :lol:

Actually no, I might loose out if I say that!!

Reminds me of a poster a boyfriend in my teens had on his wall, "My girlfriend says if I go surfing one more time she'll leave me - God I'll miss her..." :lol:

hehe... Sounds like I'm lucky Ben's surf board sits in the corner of the bedroom coz he's too lazy to get out of bed early to go surfing!

If you truely love him, help him to get a snake.
Having a partner is about encouraging their interests, not holding them back because of your fears.
Holding your partner back is being selfish...not loving.

Having a partner is about encouraging their interests, not holding them back because of your fears.

VERY wise words!!!

Sounds good to me. ;-)

Love it Earthling:D

Haven't played that card yet...

Ben

Whoops...

Didnt realise computer was logged in as Erin:lol:

Irrational fears are my specialty.....I'm scared of moths... I was working in a corner store and a massive moth was flying around and got down on the ground and covered my hair in case it flew into it. Was amusing for the girl i was working with and the one customer in the shop (thank god it was just one). I'm a bit better now. I also used to be scared of cockroaches, and still am but i'm better since breeding them for my goannas and dragon. Irrational fears are a horrible thing... i know this too well. but you can and will overcome them.

That's crap!! What about him thinking about MY fears etc???? No consideration whatsoever. It's not just me either. There are 4 people living in this house and he hasn't asked anyone else what they think (I have, and they're not keen either!!)

I feel guilty enough because I don't like to feel like I'm controlling him but at the same time, it's something that scares me and it would have at least been nice to have been asked! Grrrr...:evil:

I know he's going to do it anyway, but a little bit of thought towards other people goes a long way.

(Sorry Ben... I love you xx)

If he truely loves you he should help you overcome your fear b4 he gets a snake
Having a partner is about understanding their fears, not disregarding them altogether because you don't have that fear.
Doing it even though u know your partner has a phobia is selfish...not loving.

There are two ways to look at it hey.

Last edited:
Well the old gf doesnt like snakes drama aye, well from my experience like u my gf was afraid of them and hated them but once i tld her it was only small and wld b in a lockable enclosure she was ok but not really fine with it anyways he is my first snake and i have only had him for 2mths and guess wat who come up to me this weekend and ask if she cld touch him a small step but a gd one cos i want more lol

I've explained that it will be in a lockable enclosure, my problem is i've got a habit of forgetting to close the lid of cricket tubs etc and she thinks it will be the same with the snake...

I'm really trying to get her used to the idea, think we'll have to take someone up on their offer to check out their snakes and see they really aren't that bad.

Last thing i want is for her to feel uncomfortable in her own home. But i think it's a fear that can be overcome, just like her fear of my blueys....

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back