Cichlids ID?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

foxysnake

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can help me the id of this cichlid, its quite pretty and the photos dont quite do it justice. I've been through a few different cichlid websites trying to figure it out, but havnt quite came across anything like it.
Cheers,
Dee

Attachments

• New fish 003.jpg
    New fish 003.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 44
  • New fish 004.jpg
    New fish 004.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 44
NIce thank you so much for that!! That'l certainly keep me busy googling!! Lol!! The petshop didnt give me a 'common name', they did give me the scientific name (which I forgot unfortunately before I even got home!), all I could recall was that the scientific name started with S!!

This little one was recommended to go in with my turtle 'due to its quite nature', which I for some reason believed. The second or so week of having them together, the fish was rather harassing the turtle, who found it alot safer to hide up on his 'floating shelf'. So, anyhow, they are now separated, and the turtle is loving his own tank again, and the fish looks like its going to take another week getting use to his new tank all over again.

yeah, they're aggro buggers alright. If its a male you can expect 30-45cm out of it too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back