Decent brand of acoustic?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I have decided to get an acoustic insted of a new electric, any recomendations of brands to look out for?

I like Maton's personally..... BUT i also have a Squier and it sounds sweet as....
have fun mate, its like choosing what reptile you are going to buy next :lol: Good luck lol
Bill.

Cole Clark , Maton , Takamini, but the brand is not as important as the quality of the guitar a $700 maton will not sound as good as a $2000 yamaha.

Art & Lutherie guitars sound great. They are made by Godin in Canada and are very reasonably priced. Cole Clarke, Maton, Garrison are a few good makes. Depends how much money you have to spend as to the quality guitar you will get. If you only have a few hundred $$ to spend, make sure you get something with a solid top and good tuning machines.

my sister has an awesome shiny black Yamaha - cost a bit tho ;)
Dad's Fender is alright too

a maton will make a medium player sound like clapton.... et a maton

acoustic guitar,go the maton or takamine,though there are some good acoustics around so have a listen to them and choose what suits your liking.Enjoy.

who cares how it sounds, Kurt Cobain made an awesome song out of a never tuned cheap acoustic, Polly =] :D

seriously I wouldn't go spending $2k on an acoustic guitar.

like everyone else has said, martin, maton, takamine and cole clark are all quality instruments although they are on the pricey side, if it is your first acoustic, i'd suggest a low - mid priced epiphone.....
i still have my first epiphone acoustic, and although its not a high end guitar it is a joy to play, just play a few before you make your decision and check the action on such a guitar, although it can usually be corrected witha good truss rod adjustment and a bit of a file down on the bridge......
happy playing

Depends what you're going to spend. I got a Washburn that cost me about $450, and I love it - has a great sound for that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back