payment - how long is a reasonable amount of time to wait?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zard

Remember this KIS = (Keep It Simple)

If a person does not have the good manners to inform you of their current situation they don't deserve to have your animals.

If he sent the payment through via bank transfer on Friday, assuming it was internet banking and he is with a different bank to you, then I doubt it would have shown up by today due to processing times. But if he did an over-the-counter deposit at a branch it should show up pretty much immediately.

Umm.. Today is the 10th of March. He said that he would pay you and could you please send on the 12th of March. This means he still has two days to pay you. This is what YOU agreed to.

If you dont honour such an agreement then if I were the buyer I'd be sending you the bill for the Import Licence of which by law he has rights to do. If, by close of business on the 12th of March 2008, he has not provided you with a payment reciept then it is up to you whether or not you conduct business with him.

InterBank Net Transfer's depositted before close of business on Friday will arrive Tuesday. If payment was sent after close of business it will be either Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

Umm.. Today is the 10th of March. He said that he would pay you and could you please send on the 12th of March. This means he still has two days to pay you. This is what YOU agreed to.

Well actually, AAE requires 24 hours notice (and in some cases, 48 hours notice) for booking a consignment of reptiles. So if the payment shows up at the very last minute, how is the seller supposed to work around that? There's no point in him booking the consignment when there's a risk the purchaser won't come good on their half of the agreement. I never make a booking with AAE until the animals have been paid for, so I always advise purchasers that their payment needs to clear at least 48 hours in advance of when they want their animals shipped.

If you dont honour such an agreement then if I were the buyer I'd be sending you the bill for the Import Licence of which by law he has rights to do. If, by close of business on the 12th of March 2008, he has not provided you with a payment reciept then it is up to you whether or not you conduct business with him.

the buyer stated he would pay once the import permit was approved which it has been and for me to send them on the 12th THESE were the terms i agreed to after being told them by the buyer.
i was never asked to hold the birds nor did i offer, he said he wanted to purchase them and i have been waiting for payment since.

the buyer should have made sure any payment made would be cleard BEFORE the animals were due to be sent off

zard, quite simply he has until the 12th or unfortuantly the transaction cant go ahead as planned. As for the "cleared" part, if you want to get technical on terms was it agreed that payment must be CLEARED by a set date? What Im trying to point out is that rather then whinging on here about the buyer, contact him, get his Lic No, check it, let him know the snakes wont be sent till paid and wait to see if he pays by the 12th.

You are so sure that his Licence went through in less then a week but I must ask, Have you checked? Im in NSW myself and applied for a Licence 5 weeks prior which only just got approved so I find it hard to believe that his Licence went through in days.

zard, quite simply he has until the 12th or unfortuantly the transaction cant go ahead as planned. As for the "cleared" part, if you want to get technical on terms was it agreed that payment must be CLEARED by a set date? What Im trying to point out is that rather then whinging on here about the buyer, contact him, get his Lic No, check it, let him know the snakes wont be sent till paid and wait to see if he pays by the 12th.

You are so sure that his Licence went through in less then a week but I must ask, Have you checked? Im in NSW myself and applied for a Licence 5 weeks prior which only just got approved so I find it hard to believe that his Licence went through in days.

i recently only waited a week for my import permit... got the shock of a lifetime when it arrived so early!:eek:

and if im buying interstate i always buy from someone i trust, and pay them before i even send in the forms for my import permit... its just the most trouble free way... i mean your going to be paying for it anyway... why put it off? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back