Interesting Striped Coastals

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

morelia_morphs

Reaction score
Hi All,

Thought I would share some pictures of some newly aquired coastal hatchlings. Some have really reduced head patterns and nice striping. Not sure about the genetics, could be incubation although all the conditions of incubation seemed to be normal enough. They pipped at day 55-56 and most incbation striping seems to occur when incubation has been 62 days and up.I have acquired the parents at as well so should be able to prove it out later this year. They looked fairly normal with some striping on their tails and a lateral line half way up their bodies. Time will tell i suppose.

Best Regards and Thanks for looking

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_0358.JPG
    IMG_0358.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0359.JPG
    IMG_0359.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0360.JPG
    IMG_0360.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0361.JPG
    IMG_0361.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 195
Very nice, I like the second one and the last one.
You selling any of them?

Mark they are amazing ,
nice even stripes and reduced head patterns ,
post pics of the parents soon please
CONGRATS on sourcing these new look coastals

cheers
Roger

Thanks everyone, credit to the breeder. I wont be selling any till I can prove whether the pattern is genetic or not.

I have attached some pics of the parents. As you can see , quite normal with minimal striping on their tails.

best regards

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_0362.JPG
    IMG_0362.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0363.JPG
    IMG_0363.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 81
Wow, very interesting, theyre stunning.

Love the thicker striping on them, most I have seen have thinner markings

very nice. they look a different colour to the parents. do their colours change as they mature? :)

wow thats interesting. If its not generic, where can the stripes come from?
Do snkes throw back to say grandparents like dogs do etc?

Grafton Chic, well there has been some cases where striped/abnormal patterned sibling pythons have been put together and produce snakes that look totally normal. This is often thought to be cause by incubation temps and incubation fluctuations.

Throws back do happen, such as lets say you put together an Albino with a normal, then you put siblings (hets)together, you should get 1/4 Albinos with the rest appearring normal although 2/3rds of these are het for Albinos.

snakes01 they are approx 5 weeks old.

Best regards

Very nice Mark.
Good luck with proving them out, look forward to hearing more in the future.

Neil

I think abnormal incubation does play a role in some cases. I just had some striped coastals hatch from average coastals. The incubation was around the 60 days and temps fluctuated a bit and were a little on the low side in the first couple of days. They hatched about a week ago so were very late in breeding and laying this year.
cheers
Ben

They're awesome,just when i thought i had enough animals and what i wanted along comes something else...ah well you can't have them all, too many babies to rear in the long run especially those being coastals.

Amazing that they came from such reasonably normal looking coastals the first hatchy looks like or is as good as a tiger imo.

Good score ther Mark hope you prove them to be genetic!

Very nice, bold stripes Mark! You will definately have the Morelia market covered! They are your speciality after all!

Top score!

Ahh Thanks
I hope i get some stripes when I eventually breed my boy.
Whats Morelia ?
Thanks

Nice looking snakes Mark.Can't wait to see what you are producing in a season or two.Well done!

Neil: Will definately keep everyone updated as they shed and when the parents are put back together.

Boconner: I have found often that carpets that have displayed abnormal patterns (striped predominantly) incubation has ranged from 60 days up, often in these instances the striped or abnormal siblings dont breed true. In my opinion any carpet clutch that goes any longer than 58 days to first pip, the keeper is doing something wrong. I have incubated carpets from between 30.5 degrees- 31.5 degrees and never had a clutch no matter what sub species go longer than 58 days.

Browns: I know what you are saying! I have way too many carpets....then these popped up! Oh well, Im an addict, what can I do ? Haha

Den: Thanks mate, I agree their wide striping is really nice. I have often been tempted by your BHPs, great work. Although I have bred Aspidites a few years ago, unfortunately my room doesnt quite give the same temps required due to my project with the Albino Darwins. Might have to convince my better half to get some from you!

Graftonchic: Morelia is a genus of the carpet python named by Gray> Morelia Spilota is my passion which simply means Spotted Morelia.

Thanks everyone, fingers crossed that they prove out. They are starting to feed really well so thats a great start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back