How big's your crack?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lesa

Reaction score
Ohhh the possibilities for titles for this thread were endless:D:D. But seriously,:| my question:

Our new hatchling is in a click clack with a well secured lid and very small ventilation holes. My husband is currently building an "in-between" enclosure for when he's a bit bigger but before he goes into the large cabinet we are designing. The hinged lid in the enclosure has gaps of 2-3mm. I have read that snakes can get through very small cracks - how small exactly?

This Atherton we have (3 months old now) spends NO time in a hide but all his time either curled up ON TOP of the hides or as high as he can get on his branch, I would like to move him as soon as possible, as he seems to want to climb, but don't want to take any risks.

Any advice would be very welcome.

do you really want to see how big my crack is? LOL sorry i couldnt resist :):):)

My Spotted used to be able to get out of a 2mm gap when he was 6 months old . He was rougly about 1.5cm thick I think it was a while ago. I also have a hathling ccp in a 28l tube which I will keep in till he is a yearling because of this problem.

put a piece of pine or something similar along the gap, or attach it to the lid so when it is shut the area around the gap is blocked off.

Hi!

Hey, when my carpet was a hatchling I went to bunnings and got plastic slip cover for the glass. It stopped her from fitting through the slim cracks. Its the stuff you can cut down to size and great for glass that has chips in it too. Not cuts for your reptiles or you:D

Or get some weather strip from the hardware and put around where the gap is. It comes in various thicknesses and styles to suit gaps from 2-10mm and is self adhesive. I've used it on snake and gecko enclosures.

Thanks for all the advice, I don't want to have to track down an escapee. I'll definately try some of these ideas!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back