My New Rack and Photos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpant_Lady

Reaction score
Here is my new rack system. I owe quite a few people thanks for their ideas and encoragement. You know who you are there is always an open invite for a beer or three at our house.
Its not quite finished yet and will have another 2 levels on top of the current 3. Now I feel like a real keeper!!

Also here is my male adult carpet Bastard
Hope you like it

Attachments

• New Rack and Adults 18.3.08 001.jpg
    New Rack and Adults 18.3.08 001.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 91
  • New Rack and Adults 18.3.08 003.jpg
    New Rack and Adults 18.3.08 003.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Bastard.jpg
    Bastard.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Grace.jpg
    Grace.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 75
That last photo is my girl Grace.

This one is Charlie (M), Brownie P (F), Fatso (F) and Angel who is shedding at the moment.
Sorry I got a bit snap happy :D!! Also I did play with the brightness and contrast but only to show the true colours as best I could (I promise)

Attachments

• Charlie.jpg
    Charlie.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Brownie P.jpg
    Brownie P.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Fatso.jpg
    Fatso.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Angel.jpg
    Angel.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 39
Awesome Imbricata in that end picture, a real stunner.
What locality would it be from?

Neil

Ok the last 2
Slim and Smidget - If the person who sold me smidget is looking at this we have been having trouble getting her to feed on fuzzies. Strangely enough she has taken a real liking to day old chicks but they are way to big for her to eat.

Attachments

• Slim1.jpg
    Slim1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Smidget2.jpg
    Smidget2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 25
Awesome Imbricata in that end picture, a real stunner.
What locality would it be from?

Neil

Hey Neil,
Thank you. Actually the guy who sold her to me told me her locality but I have completely forgotten. I will have to ask next time I chat to him. I ould love to find a male to match her!
SL

Serpant_Lady: another beginner question, what is that ground covering you have for your pythons, are they stimsons?

Juliets,
Yes the brown/red pythons are Antarasia stimsoni[/I

The stuff I use on the bottom is ground up coconut shell. You buy it in a brick for about $2.50 from Bunnings in the gardening section (DONT get the stuff w/ added fertilizer) and add water to it to expand it. I like it because it holds a bit of moisture unlike others which can cause shedding problems. Also i can spot clean it, it is environmentall friendly and if they python happens to eat some it can jst be passed through unlike sand and will not absorb their gastric juices when in the stomach.

The downside is when you add the water you need to giv it a few days otherwise it can be too damp and cause excess humidity.

AND dont owrry about asking silly questions. You should see the ones I still ask!
SL

i reckon the living rack is better. top job though.:D (patting myself on the back here) just thought i would get some credit for the effort. cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back