Naughty Naughty

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I went to Vietnam they had a few hundred bottles of 'snake wine' for sale at a place we went to. Each bottle had a cobra in it. I had a look at some closely and they appeared to have puncture wounds in their heads.

It's (usually) an Asian thing rather than an American thing.

wait till you try my woma vodka infusions

The low lifes... I don't like any news like that... it should be LIFE in prison:x:twisted:

son of a b......

only in america...

Actually no. There's a guy here in Australia that has applied for a special licence to breed and export native turtles to Asia for the food industry.

Actually no. There's a guy here in Australia that has applied for a special licence to breed and export native turtles to Asia for the food industry.

I hope he was denied! Would be nice to know there is alteast a small scrap of decency left.

I dont really see how its a big deal, as long as they are CB or legally collected in a way that doesnt bother the population (i would assume this is the case since they dont mention wildlife related charges).

We have croc farms here in Australia and they are considered endangered. Reptiles are made from meat just like any other animal...

At least its not tequila, that would be horrible.

what i want to know is who be crazy enough to drink that stuff!!
1, their raw, its like putting raw chicken in alcohol, you'd want to know its safe
2, their a poisenous snake, slightly dodgy
3, "aphrodisiac properties " LOL

While traveling in Asia I saw many snakes in rice wine – or what the locals called snake wine. They tell me if you drink it you take the power of the snake. The ones I saw were “King Cobra” with a racer in their mouth.

http://www.danciprari.com/images/worldtrip/vietnam/vt-hcm-cu-chi-snake-wine-600.jpg

As for Turtle export to Asia – I very much doubt the Australian Turtles would be suitable for the Turtle trade as they tend to eat meat – The vegetable eating species are favored as food. I have never eaten turtle – but seen many in wet markets around the world.

The charges only relate to the selling of alcohol - they do not seem to have a problem with the killing of snakes and a putting them in the liquor. Presumably if he had the proper license and paid the relevant taxes there would be no offense at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back