Favourite Snakeman?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eladidare

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Who is your favourite snakeman? eg. Steve Irwin, Eric Worrell, John Weigel etc

Very interested to see peoples opinions on this, I would have to say someone like Rick Shine for his herp knowledge and guys like Charlie Tanner, George Cann, John Cann, Eric Worrell etc, because they really knew how to handle snakes.

I didn't mind Steve Irwin, He might have pissed off a fair share of the animals he handled but I doubt he ever injured any... However I like any handler who can control the animal safely without a pair of BBQ tongs....

Last edited:
the barefoot bushman ;)
there is a good bit if film showing the bare foot bushman almost getting owned by a big croc
i am not talking about a steve irwin style exciting near miss i am talking about a seriously stupid screw up.

steve irwin described himself as a croc man actually, i do love the man though

how can you pick one fav snake man theres a few that are very loved by most herpers?

the canns are the ones who introduced most of us to the old skool snake handling shows
so id have to say george and john cann as favourites
and what about neville burns?
he is a true character bless him

Tim Nia's good man big lose never got chance to meet him but did get to chat online with him quite reguarly in chat room

Last edited by a moderator:
Gow. Worrel. Nias. Old man Bredl. All the old school herpers who went around chasing vens without any known anti venom get my thumbs up any day.

What was the name of that young fella who was the first to catch a taipan for research?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anthony Stimson is the best ive seen, cathching anything without raising a heart beat.
Top bloke too !!!

Steve Irwin was the king, he helped put aussie on the map. I even named my first snake after him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back