Red-crowned toadlet distribution?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Just wondering where the red-crowned toadlet is found, in paticular, how far north do they get

from what i read they are only found in the sydney reigon, that correct?

yeah dude,only in sandstone areas with in about 160km radius of sydney :D

hmmmm, well what is one doing about 600km north of that location?

you found one? are you sure of what it is?

yea they are listd as only living in sandstone habitats with in about 160km

i just rechecked a refrence book and that is what it said,

i will look in another book aswell hang on

yea all i read says its only found in those habitats down there but i found one up here, its actually more like 800-900km north of syd but i'm going to email the pics to a guy at a uni and see what he says

yea other refrence books i have give the same distribution

and heres a map of red crowned toadlet distribution

pseudophryne_australis.gif

there is a RED BACKED TOADLET aswell Psuedophyrne coriacea

no, nothing like the red-backed toadlet, its blue-grey with orange triangle on its head with the streak on the tail bone with a few red spots on the back. Belly marking match the red crowned toadlet, marbled black and white. I'll get a pic up in a min.

its different to major, it only has the triangle of color on its head and black and white marlbling on the belly like with covacevichae not yellow like with major

i'm just going off what various websites and books say, can be distinguised from other similar species by its color and patterns

If you can get a photo up hornet that would be great. Preferrably one of its back and one of its belly? Also, what habitat and microhabitat did you find it in?

The red crowned toadlet is Psuedophyrne australis. It might also be the bibrons toadlet.

Last edited:
pics.....or i didnt happen....i highly doubt it is, and if it is some kid prob picked it up and dropped it off there with his parents on there round australia trip....;)

pics.....or i didnt happen....i highly doubt it is, and if it is some kid prob picked it up and dropped it off there with his parents on there round australia trip....;)

I have seen the pics.....and yes, it looks like the red-crowned toadlet (slight variance), prob. an undescribed species given the distance. Quite amazing!! I'm sure Hornet will contact Tyler.....he should be up-to-date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back