Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Banshee

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm happy to have just joined what looks like an awesome site where i hope to talk to heaps of cool people and find out some very helpful imformation. I am currently in the hunt for my first ever pet snake. What kind? That i am unsure. Hopefully i can be pointed in the right direction.:D

Hi there. I'm only new here too. :D
I have a spotted python who was brilliant from day 1. He/she settled well and fed 3 days later and has been generally well behaved. Is my first & only snake (at the moment,:lol:).
Bec.

Hi Banshee,
Welcome to aps. As for what type of python to get, thats up to you. Do you want something that wont get that big? Or are you happy to get something that will grow up to 12 foot as long as you grow with it? Im into Blackheaded pythons myself, but they are not everyones 1st choice.
I will attach some pics of a few of my BHPs and my Coastal Python for you to check out.
As a 1st snake I dont think you can go past a Diamond or Bredli. Hopefully people can post some pis of them for you to check out aswell.
Cheers Andy.

Attachments

• BHP Rihanna file.jpg
    BHP Rihanna file.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 59
  • BHP Oscar file.jpg
    BHP Oscar file.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 54
  • BHP Alexis file.jpg
    BHP Alexis file.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 54
  • BHP Millie file.jpg
    BHP Millie file.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 53
  • big kramer.jpg
    big kramer.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 53
g'day, and welcome to aps!
if you want something small for your first snake then go for a stimmie, great temprement, very easy to handle, a little flighty at first, but thats easily taken care of with constant handling. if you want somethig that gets a little bigger that you can grow with, then i would go for a diamond, they are by far my favorite, very very placid snake!

every one on this site has been more than helpful thankyou. the pics that were posted were brilliant.

There are so many choices out there and with the responces to both of your threads. I hope we havnt made it hard for you to choose your 1st Python.....:D

Hi Banshee, Welcome to APS, and yes it is a great site, full of informative people, good luck with your first snake, do plenty of research and ask plenty of questions first. A good first snake is probably a Childrens or Spotted python.

Thank you to every one who has welcomed me to this site all have been more than friendly and even more happy to help with any questions. Today i chose my very first snake it's a blonde mac hatchling, a very beautiful snake. I cant wait till my licence gets here and he's in my hands. A big thankyou to Mungus a great guy and a great breeder it made my decision very easy cheers. Would easily recommend his snakes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back