Red-crowned toadlet distribution?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What?? arn't we good enough for the pics :( or is it "Top Secret" ;)

no just been having issues with photobucket and couldnt resize pics, anyway got it sorted so here they are.
DSCF5162.jpg

DSCF5161.jpg

Should have a reply from tyler tomorrow.

pics.....or i didnt happen....i highly doubt it is, and if it is some kid prob picked it up and dropped it off there with his parents on there round australia trip....;)

doubt it, was a good distance from any houses in a very out of the way area.

get in contact with FATS and see what they reckon

see if theres anymore in the spot where you found that one

my bro thinks its def not psuedophryne australis but he cant remeber the name of what it is....mind you hes half asleep :D. contact FATS.... www.fats.org.au ..... and just for a double check.
cheers
matt

possibly variant of P.major or new population of P. covacevichae

got an email from mike tyler, he said its certainly a red-crowned toadlet.

it is major, it has two "eyebrows" as opposed to a distinct monobrow behind the more vivid head of australis, also the australis i have caught (a long way south i admit) have a distinct blue on the legs and the four legs have a white/cream armband, not the yellow yours has...
well that my opinion anyway, its hard to argue with m.tyler

Last edited:
It certainly appears to be P.major. Good find. Judging by the colour of your hands, you've spent a hard day herping.

he did say it certainly is the red crowned toadlet. Discussing it further with him

It is certainly not a red crowned toadlet, it is Pseud. major. Look at my avatar that is a red crown. The frog in your pic lacks the white armpits (it has yellow like p. major does) and the red "crown" is not distinct enough from the rest of the body. Good find though, I would really like to see P. major.

mike said its 100% red-crowned toadlet but i'm thinking he's using tha common name for another species as he said brisbane is in their natural range so possibly he does mean P. major

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back