the age old debate FORD vs HOLDEN

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F..irst
O.n
R..ace
D..ay

Go the might fords......
Iam a ford girl - although I do admit that I like the old holdens.
I used to own an HJ Monaro ( 4 door ) with a 350 dhev under the bonnet. It was Metallic turquiose blue in colour with the black stripes. The only prob was that it did not have air con and power steer.
We soon realised that it was going to cost way more than we could afford to restore it to original condition - even though it was in pretty good nick.
My last ford was an XR6 turbo and I loved it . ..............we now own a Maxda tribute ( can take us more places)

Anyway - once again - go the FORDS this weekend...........................

Always been a ford guy,but still appreciate the sound of any v8.Ive gone a different direction and went this way.
P2170483.jpg

Im a ford man, I even work for ford but i drive a VP commodore, in all its 285,000+km's including lots of burnouts, paddock bashing, thrashings and neglect all that has stuffed up is a fuel pump(dirty fuel), a water pump and the harmonic ballancer fell to bits.

my saleen s7 on gran turismo would flog anything... lol

I gotta say, most of my family have gone the holden way, but for me it has always been Ford Ford Ford. My goal this year is to get my mustang late 60's V8. Just gotta find the right one and when.

Had this debate with a mate recently and he owns a Charger, Chrysler & Holden SS 300Z (whatever) we both agreed that both makes were good. So we were neutral, however, go Ford all the way.

Yep the way the japanese do up their 4s the arabs do up their 4x4s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4Q8o1Jpq90

Ive got a pretty tuff GQ patrol myself.
Not built for all out speed or drag racing but should be pretty competitive in the 4 wheel driving events.

It has an RB30 with ported & polished head, over sized valves, stage 3 crow cam, T04E turbo & 50mm wastegate, cometic multi layer head hasket wirh 8.5:1 compression, and adjustable boost control running 18psi on LPG. Other goodies include straight through 3 inch exhaust, front mount intercooler, blow off valve etc. Now I just have to pick up my comp parts like new bars, rock sliders, suspension raise, winch etc

Depends on the year of the car. Certain years i prefer holdens, others i prefer holdens. Can't go past the old fords, but i love the newer commodores. Got a VZ Storm.

I guess im a blue oval but that only because of this car.
Bild012.jpg

Our 1966 Coupe.

However I could kill for a Holden Ute. We dont have the "ute" over here. More of the "pick up" type cars with pethetic 4bangers. The new HVS Maloo Ute looks mad :D:D:D shame about the right hand drive :( Why not join the rest of the world and go lefty :D Once you go left you wont go back :D:D:D hahaha

//Nicke

Fords were the only car for me but I have a soft spot for the TX Gemini & our Pajero is good fun! My ford ATM is not in my good books!!!!

Holden is the best!. great models and great looking cars!!!.

Ford yes they are good.. some of the ford models i love! very nice looking cars..

but in the end its holden!

I raced a Holden SS for 18 months and would never own a Ford

go the torana s
holden are bring out a new in 09
im saving my $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.