load of hogwash

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like they don't want them anymore, or they'd work out a way to keep them. They probably bought the snakes on a whim and have decided they don't want them and are using this as an excuse.

I think there is bigger issues if your friend can't stop her kid hitting the tank.
It is, beleive it or not, possible to have the snakes in another room or out of reach or ban the child from going near snakes. I'm sure measures are taken to keep bleach, medicine and other poisonous products out of the kids reach. Should be no different.
One small problem, sell the lot. Great way of thinking...
100 % correct , But if they can't control the kid , I guess it might be hard for them to look after the snake properly so I think they should let someone who can.

Tell your friend to just deal with it ;) she bought them now it's her responsibility to look after them...(get rid of the child :p LOL)

i have told her all that i am starting to think she has lost intrest in them that why she dont want them and mabye babie as excuse but remember not my snakes if i had the room i would take them for that price

Chris1...i see your opinion....but owning any animal isnt nor shouldnt be a short quick compulsive decission .. its for the life of the animal...which we all agree to
Having a permit tells us that...those who abide by laws & are responcible ....aquire permits

Having a Fauna Dealers Permit...allows a shop to buy in...(keep for 7 days...quarintine) & sell
& they pay the price for doing so.

There are always circumstances that allows a loop hole in the system... not being able to keep...
due to ill health...financial difficulties....even loss of interest..(generally a childs)
& informing the Permits Department in the state appropriate ..they will generally amends this & allow for the reptile to be re-sold

I think the laws are their to benifit us....if we see it that way!

is there a certain period that you cant sell in NSW either, or is it just for selling interstate?

I dont mind that law, it has been like that for us in Qld for as long as i can remember.
I can imagine it is for good reasons, i can think of a couple of good ones myself.

selling under 6mnths...same as trade is not allowed..
must be granted by authorities...all states

In SA, if you buy a reptile on a Basic Keeper/Breeder licence, you can't sell it for 6 months. You need a dealers permit ($800 a year) if you want to sell them within 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back